Principal Engineer ( Frontend Full-stack)
Job Requisition ID #
You will be part of our dynamic team at Autodesk Pune, India. Autodesk is looking for a Principal Software Engineer with an experience in all aspects of frontend development, to join our Data and Process Management (DPM) group engineering team contributing to Fusion product development. We are looking for someone who love designing and writing efficient, scalable, and thoughtful solutions to a variety of technical and product challenges. You will help develop front-end solutions for our customers, and frameworks and tools for internal development teams. You will work within an inclusive culture that offers great compensation packages, great benefits, exciting career growth opportunities with work- life-balance. You will report to Software Development Manager in a hybrid work mode. you will work from Pune location
- Contribute & lead team in designing & writing high quality, secure, stable code for use in products and solutions for customers, making it easier for other developers to maintain, reuse, and localize
- Technical decision-making in their team including building agreement for implementation
- Work closely with Product Manager, Product Owner, Frontend Architects, UX architects, QA, and other partners to translate our needs, system architecture and product requirements into high-quality software components
- Contribute to the team's vision and articulate strategies to meet the goals and remain active in technical discussions, critical decision-making and architectural discussions
- Break down a large problem into smaller components and provide a clear solution for each piece
- Design, analyse and document technical solutions, and plan sequence work for team to make fast, iterative deliveries and improvements
- Provide solid leadership within your very own problem space, through a data-driven approach, software designs, delegation
- Provide & help team in doing Root Cause Analysis when requested and document issues and contribute to our internal team documentation
- Establish and uphold best engineering practices through code and design reviews
- Groom junior engineers through mentoring and delegation
- Trouble shooting and resolution of complex customer issues
- Write code following software development best practices (Testing, Secure coding practices, CI/CD)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 8 -12 years of experience as a hands-on front-end developer
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Lead role for a team or project
- Broad knowledge of frontend development such as React, Angular, Vue, Redux, State Management or equivalent technologies
- Write, inspire and coach team to write clean, efficient code, and be debug any issues that may arise
- Hands on understanding of latest paradigms in Frontend Development such as Pub-Sub Pattern, State Management, Service Workers, Web Components, Client Caching, Lazy Loading, Dynamic Injection, Bundle Optimization, Reactive Design, Microfrontends, Module Federation
- Experience building progressive and hybrid mobile & web applications
- Hands-on knowledge of CSS3 & HTML5
- Exposure to quick scripting in postman to test Rest API's
- Hands-on experience developing RESTful web services and integrating the same with heterogeneous clients
- Hands-on experience with any one of Frontend automation framework like Cypress, Protractor, etc
- Hands-on experience with various tools for performance testing of Rest API's like JMeter, etc
- Nice to have experience with RESTful Web Service Development in Node.Js
- Nice to have experience with CI/CD tools like Docker, Jenkins, etc
- Nice to have experience with Amazon web services
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).