Principal Software Engineer (Java/Python & Data Engineering)
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the Data Ingestion team within the Analytics Data organisation. The Data Ingestion team processes millions of records, files daily from all Autodesk products. The team builds and maintains batch ingestion pipelines and developing simple, repeatable ingestion patterns for Autodesk's internal data platform.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will develop best practices and making architectural choices to rapidly improve critical data processing & analytics pipelines. You will collaborate with and wonderful software engineers. You will lead solutions to sophisticated and modern engineering problems. As part of the team, you will grow bring data closer to our users. You will make critical choices, and improve the platform's reliability, resiliency, and scalability. You will report to Engineering Manager. You will work from Pune location
- Contribute to the team's vision and articulate strategies to have fundamental impact at our massive scale.
- You will need a product-focused mindset. It is essential for you to understand requirements and architect systems to scale and extend to accommodate those needs
- Diagnose complex problems in distributed systems, develop and document technical solutions and sequence work to make fast, iterative deliveries and improvements
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant and scalable distributed systems that can handle our massive scale
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency)
- Automate cloud infrastructure, services, and observability
- Develop CI/CD pipelines and testing automation
- Establish and uphold best engineering practices through thorough code and design reviews and improved processes
- Groom junior engineers through mentoring and delegation
- Promote a culture of trust, respect and inclusion within your team
- Design & defining the interaction between the different components
- Fast prototyping of features and get feedback.
- Develop new features in Java/Python, AWS Stack
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship or work experience
- 8-12 years of relevant industry experience in large back-end distributed systems and cloud computing.
- Solid overall programming skills, able to write modular, maintainable code in Java/Python & SQL
- Expert understanding of SQL, dimensional modelling, and at least one relational database including solid contribution to ERD
- Good Understanding of front end frameworks like ReactJS/AngularJS
- Solid proficiency with automation frameworks/tools like Git, Jenkins, Ansible, and Cloudformation (or Terraform)
- Solid Proficiency with containers and infrastructure-as-code fundamentals
- Solid Proficiency with Amazon Web Services
- Good Understanding of Data Engineering and related frameworks
- Familiarity with MVC, SOA, Restful Web services
- Experience with data ingestion and SQL databases
- Experience with Hadoop / Spark Source Code
- Experience with Hive and/or Snowflake
- Experience in Hadoop 2.0 and its ecosystem
- Experience with Airflow
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).