Senior Software Engineer - C++
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk seeks a Senior Software Engineer to help Autodesk users imagine and design a better world by contributing to the development of Autodesk Revit - the world-leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. Our software is used by architects, engineers, and other building industry professionals to design everything from the world's tallest skyscrapers, largest airports, and new landmarks to homes and businesses that you visit every day.
Revit's engineering team brings intelligence and efficiency to the building design and development process by solving complex software problems. Your responsibilities will range across the stack as you work with the product owner, experience designer, and other engineers to develop and maintain Revit.
You will have a significant impact on how we design, build, and deliver our products to millions of professionals. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager and work in a cross-functional team focused on building and maintaining software for Revit products and components. You will work on a variety of unique challenges which give you the chance to work with modern technology and continuously grow your skills.
This team works in a Hybrid working model based from our Krakow office, and collaborate with a globally dispersed team.
- Design and develop new capabilities and improve existing code.
- Influence architectural direction of the project. Apply good architectural practices including design patterns and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Estimate and breakdown tasks for projects undertaken and ensure completion on time.
- Ensure code quality with peer code reviews and implement unit testing.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on tools and standards to use for engineering efforts.
- Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Communicate with the product owner, user experience designer and customers to understand requirements.
- Collaborate with the test engineer and/or domain expert to design and apply specific, more comprehensive testing plan.
- Work with tech lead and architect to maintain high-quality code and architecture consistency.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders on technical strategy, issue solving, and dependency coordination.
- Contribute to processes and deliverables improvements that increase the team's effectiveness and efficiency in responding to customer and business needs.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture or related subject area.
- 5+ years' experience in C++ and .NET/C# programming.
- Strong collaboration with colleagues around the world.
- Excellent problem-solving, computer algorithm, and reasoning skills.
- Experience in fast-paced product delivery and agile practices.
- Fluent in English (written & oral).
- Experience with GIT or a similar source code revision control system.
- Knowledge of the AEC domain, AEC related product experience.
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).