Product Owner, Revit Architecture
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk seeks a Product Owner to help Autodesk users imagine and design a better world by contributing to the development of Autodesk Revit - the world-leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. Our software is used by architects, engineers, and other building industry professionals to design everything from the world's tallest skyscrapers, largest airports, and new landmarks to homes and businesses that you visit every day.
As a Product Owner for a development team focused on Revit Architecture, you will be a passionate advocate for the needs of our customers. You will also need to balance requirements around cost, quality and scope to be able to plan and deliver a great solution for your customers.
The position is based in our Krakow office, employing a hybrid working model, and involves collaboration with a globally dispersed team.
- Collaborating daily with the software development team to evaluate their progress and assist them with prioritization.
- Working closely with the Product Manager to track progress against our long term roadmap.
- Working closely with User Experience colleagues and other team members to engage with users of our software frequently and gather feedback on the team's progress and translate that feedback into new work.
- Proficiently capturing and summarizing user needs and goals into clear and concise themes, projects, and stories.
- Investigating, documenting, managing, and prioritizing software defects.
- Being accountable for the end-to-end delivery of the team's improvements to desktop software and cloud services.
- Documenting and communicating the release plan internally and externally to stakeholders.
- You have relevant expertise with best practices, documentation standards, software tools and techniques related to Architectural Design.
- You make compelling cases for your ideas and opinions. In particular, you can communicate your opinions and technical knowledge to a diverse audience – including folks who don't have the same level of expertise as you.
- You have demonstrated an ability to break down larger efforts into more understandable, more manageable and more approachable chunks.
- You have experience guiding and tracking larger efforts until they have been completed to your expectations.
- Connected to your experience, you have a definite vision about what makes design software particularly useful and valuable.
- Despite your ability to be decisive, you also have a demonstrated preference to consult with other experts and can provide concrete examples of how you have adapted your opinions and plans in response to feedback and advice.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development, architecture or similar industries.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with software engineering workflows and processes, most specifically expertise in Agile software methodology.
- Experience with user research techniques: interviewing, prioritization exercises and/or survey creation.
- Experience with software quality assurance techniques: creation of test plans and/or testing methodologies.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit or a similar design software for Architecture.
- Experience using project management tools and techniques including but not limited to story maps, burn-down charts and backlog management tools.
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).