Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer - Revit
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk seeks a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to help Autodesk users imagine and design a better world by contributing to the development of Autodesk Revit - the world-leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. Our software is used by architects, engineers, and other building industry professionals to design everything from the world's tallest skyscrapers, largest airports, and new landmarks to homes and businesses that you visit every day.
Revit's engineering team brings intelligence and efficiency to the building design and development process by solving complex software problems.
You will have a significant impact on how we ensure the quality of our products for millions of professionals. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager and work in a cross-functional team focused on building and maintaining software for Revit products and components. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of unique challenges which give you the chance to learn modern technology and grow your skills.
This team works in a Hybrid working model based from our Krakow office, and collaborate with a globally dispersed team.
- Create plans to test features at the user interface level, including functional tests, performance tests, workflow tests, install tests, globalization, and interoperability tests.
- Document test design, test plans, and test results.
- Participate in test plan reviews with the rest of the QA and development team.
- Manually execute test plans to find defects in features or products.
- Isolate and confirm defects and work with development to prioritize defects and fix them.
- Write test cases based on real-world applications of the program.
- Estimate, plan, schedule, and coordinate software testing tasks.
- Work with the development team on solution design to proactively recognize and prevent issues from developing.
- Simulate user experience and give feedback to product designers on design improvements.
- Monitor customer and internal forums to detect defects in production software. Use knowledge of product and users to provide feedback to Product Management regarding the severity and customer impact of defects on the report in order to prioritize a fix.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Architecture, or related subject area.
- 1+ years professional experience in Engineering, Architecture or similar domains.
- Knowledge of AEC domain and/or AEC-related software products.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly collaborative environment with colleagues around the world.
- Excellent problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Good teamwork spirit in a dynamic environment.
- Fluent in English (written & oral).
- Experience in fast-paced product delivery and agile practices.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit.
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).