(Senior) Controller for Product & Tech (all genders)
Babbel is the top-selling language learning platform globally. We are driven by our purpose of creating mutual understanding through language. Through the Babbel app, Babbel Live classes, Babbel podcasts, and Babbel for Business products, we provide learners with the most effective solutions, enabling them to communicate in real-life scenarios with real people.
The Babbel team is as diverse as our content. With headquarters in Berlin, Germany and our US office in New York, we're a team of 1,000+ people from over 80 different nationalities.
For more information about Babbel and our language learning solutions, please visit www.babbel.com or download our app from the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a (Senior) Controller for Product & Tech for our Finance team in the heart of buzzing Berlin!
- Be responsible for product & engineering units at Babbel and drive operational controlling activities such as planning, compliance with expenses, as well as the correct presentation of costs and results
- Be the business partner for analysis of customer behavior and support with identification and implementation of suitable product profitability metrics
- Be responsible for budgeting processes and business plans around product development
- Support/lead strategic and operational projects with regards to tool implementation and data integrity across all finance systems
- Continuously evaluate and adjust business processes to ensure a cohesive steering approach
- Support the finance team to ensure accuracy of our monthly, quarterly and yearly closings
- Proactively connect the dots and identify trends, risks, and opportunities to our business to support senior management
- Analytically strong with the attention to detail and able to draw conclusions and insights from data
- An expert in Excel, BI Tools (i. e. Amplitude) and planning software (i.e Workday)
- Communicative and enjoy working in an international environment and cross-departmentally
- Familiar with SaaS metrics for both B2C and B2B products
- Skilled in stakeholder management and understanding vendor negotiation processes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced tech environment
- A degree (Bachelor/ Master) in Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent and
- A minimum of 3 years experience as either financial analyst, business partner or equivalent role
- Experience in SaaS businesses or a similarly relevant environment
- A proactive mindset when it comes to solution finding and delivering results in an efficient manner
- A hands-on mentality with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.