Senior Software Engineer (Backend) (f/m/d)
As a Senior Software Engineer at Blacklane, you will play a critical role in developing and maintaining our backend systems that power our global chauffeur service. You will work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, using cutting-edge technologies such as Golang, Ruby, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes. Your expertise will help us deliver a reliable and efficient platform that ensures a world-class experience for our passengers and chauffeurs.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and high-performance backend services using Golang and Ruby.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and deliver solutions that meet business needs.
- Work on optimizing system performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Implement best practices for code quality, testing, and deployment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- Containerise applications using Docker and manage them in Kubernetes clusters.
- Utilise AWS services for infrastructure provisioning and management.
- Strong proficiency in Golang and Ruby, with a solid understanding of their ecosystems.
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining backend services and APIs.
- Proficiency in working with AWS services, including EC2, Lambda, RDS, and S3.
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes for containerization and orchestration.
- Knowledge of best practices for secure and scalable software development.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Previous experience in the travel or transportation industry.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and automation tools.
- Understanding of database technologies such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry-first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 15% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2023.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Blacklane Cares day: Every crew member receives 8 hours of paid leave per year to participate in volunteering initiatives of their choice or lead employee-driven community outreach projects. Utilize your time to lend hands to a cause that drives your passion.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane