2024 Blackstone Cybersecurity Summer Analyst
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $1 trillion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Blackstone Technology & Innovations
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Blackstone’s Cybersecurity Team is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Blackstone's information assets. As a Cybersecurity Summer Analyst, you will join an ambitious and talented team of security professionals that are responsible for protecting Blackstone's systems, networks, and data from cyber threats. You will work closely with various stakeholders to identify and mitigate security risks, implement security controls, and respond to security incidents.
Responsibilities for the role include:
• Assessing and managing risks to Blackstone's information assets, including systems, networks, and data
• Implementing and maintaining security controls, cloud infrastructure (AWS), endpoint protection solutions, and compliance frameworks
• Conducting vulnerability assessments or penetration tests to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities
• Monitoring security events and incidents, and responding to security alerts in a timely manner
• Performing investigations into security incidents, analyzing evidence, and providing recommendations for remediation
• Scripting or programming to automate security tasks and enhance security monitoring capabilities
• Providing security guidance and support to development teams to ensure secure software development practices
• Contributing to the development and implementation of cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures
• Staying up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. You will need:
• Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, technologies, and best practices
• Experience with security assessment tools and techniques, such as vulnerability scanners and penetration testing frameworks
• Familiarity with security controls, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and endpoint protection solutions
• Proficiency in scripting or programming languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) for automation and security-related tasks
• Knowledge of secure software development practices and familiarity with secure coding principles
• Ability to analyze and interpret security logs, events, and alerts
• Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate security risks and recommendations to stakeholders
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities
To be considered for the 2024 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
• Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2024 – Spring 2025
• Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
• Resume must be in PDF format
Does this job sound awesome to you? Join us, make an impact on Blackstone and on your future by applying today!
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:$125,000 - $125,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual's experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.