Private Wealth Solutions - Product Strategy, Vice President
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $1 trillion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Private Wealth Solutions (PWS) was established to answer the growing demand for Blackstone products from high‐net worth investors. Partnering with many of the world’s largest private banks and wealth management firms, Blackstone’s Private Wealth Solutions team packages and delivers the full breadth of Blackstone’s alternative product capability to these firms and their clients and provides ongoing product and advisor support, as well as education and training around alternatives.
PWS is seeking an accomplished candidate with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and partners to join as Vice President in our PWS Global Product Strategy team.
Global Product Strategy is focused on designing flagship, category‐killing products that deliver Blackstone’s investment capabilities, redefining the accessibility of alternatives for private wealth clients. As a member of the Product Origination team, the individual will be responsible for driving the design and end‐to‐end development of new funds. The ideal candidate will be creative and passionate about researching and creating innovative product structures and solutions to unlock new markets and distribution channels.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Lead and proactively manage the design and launch of global and local funds, balancing the regulatory framework/constraints with client preferences and emerging focus (liquidity, yield, returns, etc.)
- Partner with senior leaders across Private Wealth Solutions and Blackstone’s investment businesses to create bespoke products designed for private wealth clients
- Spearhead research on product structures, regulatory developments and competitor fund launches to help identify scale opportunities
- Work with internal Blackstone teams on the full scope of product development, including the buildout of operations, technology, marketing and finance
- Drive multiple strategic initiatives and serve as product representative on numerous firm‐wide and cross‐business projects
In addition to a minimum of 7+ years of experience in investment banking, asset management, consulting or wealth management, the successful candidate should have:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated professional accomplishments
- Strong judgment and the ability to engender trust.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Open, collaborative, positive and proactive
- “Can do” attitude, sense of urgency, diligent and conscientious work ethic.
- Pragmatic, tolerance for ambiguity and confidence
- High level of patience and emotional intelligence in order to work effectively within a dynamic environment.
- Striving for excellence and driven to contribute to the company’s success
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:$155,000 - $200,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual's experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.