Technical Product Manager - Application Data Services
Booking.com is one of the world’s largest and most successful e-commerce services. Our vision is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. Wherever our customers go and whatever they do, they book it with us. With over 1.5 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5 million + accommodations worldwide, our daily mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere. Achieving this vision requires a world class infrastructure platform for Booking products and services.
The Application Data Services department provides world class database and streaming solutions, both on-premise and on public cloud, to our infrastructure and product development teams. We ensure secure, reliable and scalable transport and storage of data to our business and infrastructure services. Our data services currently cover technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch and we plan to expand this with complementary cloud database technologies.
As a Tech Product Manager for this role, you will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy for our NoSql offering. This includes both our on premises services and on Cloud.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take full ownership of the vision and strategy of your products
- Work with engineering teams to design, and deliver your product roadmap
- Collaborate with other Product Managers in Booking to drive adoption our your services and ensure their deliver value to their users
- Define criteria for successful integrations with other services and drive execution
- Work with cross functional teams to drive business impact
- Value the processes in agile development and look for constant improvements
- Communicate and influence through data, flexibility and consensus while seeking clarity from ambiguity
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of product management experience building technical products
- Consistent successful track record of delivering large-scale, highly-available e-commerce software and services
- Proven ability to influence technology teams and multiple stakeholders using data, standards and the best practices
- Experience in new product/platform development & delivery in a complex environment; sizing-up business opportunities and translating them into product requirements
- Ability and drive to learn our infrastructure & technical foundations, system architecture and the technical direction of Booking.com
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end solution delivery
- Interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links and relationships within diverse engineering teams, across the organisation
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written
- Computer Science background is a plus
In return, we’ll provide:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilise technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.