Senior IT Auditor
Booking Holdings is the world’s leading provider of online travel & related services with consumers and local partners in over 220 countries. We deliver our services through six primary brands: Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline.com, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. Our mission is making it easier for everyone to experience the world.
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and ever changing work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
The Booking Holdings’ Global Internal Audit function reports directly to the chairman of the Audit Committee. The team is located in Norwalk (CT) and Amsterdam. The main goal of the team is to provide independent insights, advice and assurance on business risks and controls to senior management, and to inspire change with regards to Governance, Risk Management and Internal Controls. The following companies belong to the Group:
- Booking.com - the world’s leading brand for booking online accommodation reservations, based on room nights booked.
- KAYAK - a leading online meta-search service allowing consumers to easily search and compare travel itineraries and prices, including airline tickets, accommodation and rental car reservation information, from hundreds of travel websites at once.
- Priceline - a leading hotel, rental car, airline ticket and vacation package online reservation service in North America.
- Agoda - a leading online accommodation reservation service catering primarily to consumers in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Rentalcars.com - a leading online worldwide rental car reservation service.
- OpenTable - a leading online provider of restaurant reservation and information services to consumers and restaurant reservation management and customer acquisition services to restaurants.
The Senior IT Auditor role is part of the Global Internal Audit (GIA) team of Booking Holdings. This role will focus on planning and implementing IT operational, governance and compliance related audits at Booking.com and other Booking Holdings companies. This position is based in Amsterdam and may involve occasional travel to other Booking Holdings companies.
- Plans and executes IT operational audits across a wide-range of topics at Booking.com and other Booking Holdings companies
- Coordinates with stakeholders such as Risk & Compliance, Product Development & Engineering, Central Security & Technology teams, External Auditors and others
- Assists in conducting risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with the internal audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards
- Supports preparing audit reports for senior management and leadership teams
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing control procedures for Holdings companies
- Drives and promotes the continuous improvement of the internal audit function
Your skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of various IT environments attained through 5+ years of relevant IT auditing experience (e.g risk and controls, software development, IT operations, cyber operations, etc.)
- Understanding of risk definitions and controls implementation in an IT environment
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation
- Excellent report writing and oral communication skills (proficiency in English)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A minimum of Bachelor’s (post-secondary degree) preferably in Technology
- CISA / CISM / CISSP or equivalent designation highly desirable
- Culture fit - The company is energetic, fast-paced and always evolving. This person brings the same energy and enthusiasm to work and has a hands-on, let's get the job done attitude.
- Self-starter – Manage the activities and come up with new ideas with minimum guidance. Manage the activities and come up with new ideas with minimum guidance. Able to work independently and own the end to end audit process.
- Commercial Awareness - Eagerness to understand the business
- Results Oriented – Meets deadlines on assignments, juggles multiple projects
- Data driven – Is able to make decisions and identify risks through the analysis of data
- Stakeholder Management – Is able to work with all levels of individuals up to and including executive management
- Building relationships - Able to establish a relationship of trust and collaboration with colleagues while presenting a sense of shared mission
- Entrepreneurial and committed to self-development
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the bigger picture
At Booking Holdings, we help our customers to reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Global Internal Audit – Who We Are
Our contribution to the bigger picture
We’re here to provide assurance through objective analysis, insights and advice on the key risks that you and the company face. Being at the forefront of an industry and constantly reinventing yourself requires taking a certain amount of risk. We’re here to make sure you can move at full speed, being reassured that safety nets are in place.
More than auditors
As our name suggests, we audit. We look at how the company manages risk and how we can optimize this process. However, we do a lot more. Touching every brand and function within Booking Holdings, we are able to connect people, share lessons learned and good practices. This way, we drive change to make our company stronger.
Partner for success
We are not only here to identify risks and to point out what could go wrong. We invest in our understanding of the business and in our relationship with you. We partner with you to help you and the company become more successful. To achieve our goals, we require full transparency. In return, we offer exactly the same. That means that when working with us, you will know what to expect during every step of the way. Also, we’re objective by design. So, no agendas to push other than achieving the company’s longer term goals in a sustainable manner.
What makes us tick?
GIA is a diverse group of enthusiastic people with an analytical mind and a curious nature. We bring a fresh pair of eyes and can see the bigger picture. We operate globally, across all brands and cultures. In doing so, we meet new people that broaden our knowledge every day. We take pride in moving Booking Holdings forward by partnering with the brands and the people that make up this great company.
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
Booking.com’s total rewards philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our rewards are aimed at making it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer — all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits — on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- A great, brand new office to in the heart of Amsterdam
- 29 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily
- Health & well-being benefits such as mental health support, access to health insurance, etc.
- Employer contribution pension
- Industry-leading parental leave and adoption leave
- From day one of your employment with us, we offer 22 weeks’ fully paid leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or the way you become a parent
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
- Carer’s leave. 10 days’ fully paid leave per year for colleagues who are caring for ill family members.
- Hybrid Working (NL): We believe in office attendance at least 40% of your time whilst empowering you with the flexibility to plan where to do your best work, as well as up to 20 days per year to Work from Abroad* (subject to terms and conditions)
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.” We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to discuss any requirements.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Career Development Opportunities:
At Booking.com, we’re constantly growing and we want to provide resources to help grow your career.
- Free access to online learning platforms
- Development and mentorship programs to support career growth
- Access to trainings and workshops
- Team development opportunities
Please submit your application via the ‘Apply Now’ button above, your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruiters.
Your Recruiter will discuss the full interview process and they will ensure that you are fully prepared for each stage of the interview process.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.