Senior Software Engineer - Data Governance
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, and lines of code. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place, the excitement of the next morning, the friends you make, the journeys you take, the sights you see, and the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
Our department mission is to radically accelerate innovation across all data, analytics & Machine Learning teams by providing a self-service, end-to-end platform, enabling the creation of connected, and repeatable, machine learning and analytics solutions. In the team you would join - ‘Data Analytics Engineering’, we envision and set product direction for Data Analytics and investments powering the world’s largest online accommodation reservations website.
The Data and Machine Learning department (DMLP) is on a mission to radically accelerate innovation across all data, analytics & machine learning teams by providing a self-service, end-to-end data platform. We’re on a way to roll out a company wide Data Governance, Data Stewardship program, and a Data Catalog using Collibra products. The Data Management Tools team will provide a Collibra-based service, which would enable management of Data Stewards organization, global Data Domain structure, Data Glossary and Data Asset library. Integrated with internal DMLP services, it needs to become a part of the holistic ecosystem by implementing Collibra workflows and configuration to provide seamless user journeys for all kinds of the data platform users.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Become a source of knowledge around user flows in Data Stewardship and Data.
- Working on consolidating physical source meta-data via tools like Collibra EDGE.
- Catalog: both business and technical side.
- Create and maintain producer / consumer / data steward workflows.
- Create and maintain data domain and data asset workflows.
- Configure new functionalities in Collibra.
- Develop new Data Catalog capabilities.
- Develop Collibra dashboards and reports.
- Develop 3rd party integrations with Collibra, OKTA, Terraform.
- Administration of the service.
- Customer support and operations.
- Preparing documentation.
- Preparing and conducting trainings.
- Any other work related to Data Governance rollout and development.
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- You have 10+ years in Software / Data Engineering.
- You have at least 4 years of successful experience with managing Business Applications, doing integrations with internal and external services (Alation, Informatica).
- Experience with integrations is a huge plus.
- You are a self-driven learner, capable to proactively connect with many other teams to understand the user flows and technical integrations.
- You have experience in working with the following technology stack:
- Gitlab/Github CI/CD;
- Vault, Secret Management;
- AWS / GCP / Azure;
- You demonstrate high level of ownership and responsibility.
- You have a great attention to details.
What we offer:
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards strive to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer on your terms so that you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Contribute to a high scale, sophisticated, world-class product and see the real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Full relocation support for you and your family to move to Amsterdam. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating over 300 Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world.
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave.
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country).
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit.
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.