Full Stack Software Engineer II - Customer Payments
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you are responsible for developing world-class, complete web applications end to end, for monitoring and addressing performance and security, and for developing customer-focused and scalable user experiences. You will work side-by-side with designers, product owners, copywriters and other developers to create new features, test your own ideas, and push changes live for billions of users.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Design and implement end-to-end product features in collaboration with UX Designers, Data scientists, and other Developers.
Rapidly developing next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems, with end-to-end ownership by monitoring and adjusting SLIs and SLOs.
Continuously learn and apply modern development methodologies and tools
Deploy and maintain software in production
Proactively propose improvement ideas to reduce technical debt and increase business impact of your team
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role, preferably in a commercial environment
Demonstrable experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
Understanding of modern front end architecture principles and design practices: micro frontend architecture, SSR, SPA, responsive design, progressive enhancement, graceful degradation
Knowledge of GraphQL is a plus
Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Writing unit and integration tests for the code
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parental (22-weeks paid leave), grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- A beautiful sustainable HQ Campus in Amsterdam, that offers on-site meals, coffee, and snacks, multi-faith and breastfeeding rooms at the office*
- Commuting allowance and bike reimbursement scheme
- Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs
- Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership
#ThinkInclusion: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Booking.com
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request adjustments
Career Development Opportunities:
- Bi-annual performance conversations, company-wide mentoring program, and internal development opportunities
- Unlimited access to online learning platforms: Udemy, Coursera, LinkedIn learning, O'reilly
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participationCompetitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.