Technical Product Manager - GenAI Technical Product Manager - GenAI Foundations
At Booking.com, we want to empower everyone to experience the world. Through our products, partners, and people is how we do it. There's a whole planet of possibilities out there, and we bring it all together, in one place. Booking.com (USA), Inc, one of the support companies in the United States, is seeking a full time Technical Product Manager.
Technical Product Manager - Gen AI Foundation
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends one makes. The journeys one takes. The sights one sees. And the food one samples. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
We’re a truly global e-commerce company, with business operations in nearly every country and city in the world. And we want to make it easy for everyone, anywhere in the world, to pay for their travel or do business with our platform – whenever and however it’s convenient for them.
Machine Learning, and AI in general, are integral to booking.com’s goal of making it easier for everyone to experience the world. You would join the Machine Learning Platform (MLP) group which helps everyone at Booking to build and use high quality AI/ML applications. We are focused on making sure that Booking has a reliable, secure and governed environment to build, iterate and use Gen AI applications. As a Product Manager responsible for Gen AI foundations, you will help with the overarching strategy and drive the execution and success of our capabilities.
This role is based out of Washington, DC, USA. You will have your product team in Washington, DC but the majority of the stakeholders and users will be in Amsterdam and Tel Aviv. This role would require in-frequent travel (~2 times a year) to Amsterdam / Tel Aviv and adapting your working hours to be able to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own and lead your platform product end to end whether it is building MVP or scaling existing products.
- Build and adapt strategy to the constantly evolving needs and constraints imposed by the business.
- Deeply understand the direction of the business and the problems customers and platform users face; extract and identify requirements from other business initiatives, customer requirements and prioritize them ruthlessly.
- Work closely with engineering, other product and program teams to define and ship products that solve problems.
- Constantly engage with stakeholders to expand the coverage of the services and create impact.
- Define the KPIs for the product, and be the ultimate responsible for its success
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management at a product company is a hard requirement;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder leadership skills and ability to balance priorities in time critical situations.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to breakdown complex problems and analyze them in isolation and in conjunction
- Technical background or experience with managing platform / machine learning products is required
- Curiosity and High Agency are a heavy plus
- You are required to live within a commutable distance from your assigned office location
What We'll Provide:
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are striven to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer on your terms, so you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Medical, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, sick and care leave
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit
- Free access to online learning platforms, mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- Collaborative, friendly and diverse culture
- Referral Program
- For this role will have a salary range of: $164,100 - $180,477
- Additional Annual bonus potential
- *Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
Should you require accommodation to meet the essential functions of this job, please let us know.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.