Full Stack Software Engineer - Identity
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission. We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
The Identity Platform enables the business to know our customers, deepen our relationship, and build better experiences for them. We empower a personalized trip experience while ensuring data privacy and compliance for customers.
We build components and services that serve all product groups (accommodations, flights, rental cars, taxis, attractions etc.), and also many downstream business units (Finance, Customer Service, Machine Learning Services, Marketing, Partner Service etc.).
We build highly available, data intensive, and large scale Java services on top of industry leading technologies. We put the business, reliability, data governance, and compliance at the center of everything we do.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- As a Full Stack Developer, you are responsible for the development, performance, and scaling of our public website as well as internal systems.
- You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team.
- You will work side-by-side with Product managers, Copywriters, Designers and other developers to create new products, features, test your own ideas, and push changes live for billions of users.
- Deliver scalable web applications
- Collaborate with colleagues to ideate solutions for users, prioritizing based on business impact, and A/B test them.
- Develop new user-facing products and optimize existing ones using both client-side as well as server-side languages and technologies
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starters with a collaborative, “can-do” attitude, that are great at solving problems, who initiate discussions and are solutions-oriented
- Passionate learners who aren’t afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing (this is an advantage)
- Experience with AWS ecosystem and Kubernetes (this is an advantage)
What we offer:
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards strive to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer on your terms so that you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Contribute to a high scale, sophisticated, world-class product and see the real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Full relocation support for you and your family to move to Amsterdam. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating over 300 Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world.
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave.
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country).
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and yearly Booking.com wallet credit.
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.