Senior Software Engineer - Data Extraction
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer working primarily on the backend in Java with some frontend (Angular) responsibilities as well, to build new features for our Extractors team supporting the expansion of Process Mining Adoption by companies worldwide.
We, as Extractor Teams at Celonis, bring the customer data into the EMS (Execution Management System), we are the entry point for our customers. We are responsible for extracting data from a wide variety of source systems (JDBC, Web APIs, and Streaming Solutions) in a performant, robust and scalable way. In addition to our in-house built native integrations, we also give our customers a possibility to build their own extractor via a low-code development tool. We continuously work on improving data integration experience.
The work you’ll do:
- Take responsibility for pieces of work throughout the stages of development - from design to deployment.
- Implement maintainable and reliable software that meets expectations, including complex features and applications.
- Take open ended technical problems and develop practical solutions that meet stakeholder needs.
- Handle requests from customer support finding the right technical solution.
The qualifications you need:
- 5+ years of professional experience building Java applications
- Good knowledge of Spring Boot
- Experience in REST APIs and distributed microservices architecture
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Familiar with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, kubernetes)
- Strong communication skills (English is a must)
- Passion and motivation to learn and grow as a Software Engineer
- Nice to have: Angular knowledge and DataDog monitoring
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more)The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.