Java Software Engineer - Admin Experience
Being a global hyper-growth leader in process mining technology, our goal at Celonis is to establish our Execution Management System as a standard SaaS solution in any company.
Celonis is looking for a Software Engineer to support the development of backend capabilities.
The “Admin Experience” team is mainly focused on building an enterprise-ready Admin cockpit that allows customers to manage their: Users and Groups, Permissions, Audit Logs, Notifications, Adoption views, and others.
Among other topics, the team is focused on building a centralized Notification center, allowing users to subscribe to the events of interest generated by the system.
The team is cross-functional and consists of the backend/frontend/full-stack engineers, an engineering manager, and a product owner.
The Tech Stack
Our microservices are written in Java 17, Spring Boot
Our main data store is Postgres
We rely on GitHub actions for builds and Sonarcloud to ensure code quality
We use Kubernetes to run our service in production and the Infrastructure as a Code approach
We use Datadog for collecting metrics and alerts
The work you’ll do:
Write maintainable, testable, and efficient code
Work autonomously on daily tasks with minimal supervision
Partner with the product manager on analyzing existing and gathering additional requirements
Create and present technical design documents
Participate in OpsCop rotations, take care of deployments to production
Closely communicate with frontend engineers in the team
Foster a knowledge-sharing and collaborative culture within the team
The qualifications you need:
3+ years of professional experience building Java applications
Good understanding of the Spring framework
Experience with REST APIs and/or distributed micro-service architecture
Passion for writing clean and understandable code
Familiar with containerization technologies (i.e. Docker)
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.