Engineering Manager - Studio Components
The Studio Components team at Celonis builds the front-end experience for our low-code development environment, Studio. We are the team that distills extremely diverse customer needs into a configurable and powerful set of app building blocks. We serve thousands of customers across dozens of industries, providing everyone a toolkit to build custom analytical and execution apps built on top of Celonis’ process mining technology. Our team focuses on constant improvement of the low-code development experience, expanding the functionality we offer while ensuring apps built with Studio perform and scale to anything our users can imagine building.
Engineering Managers are our first layer of management at Celonis - they are people managers with technical expertise. You will lead a strong team of engineers, overseeing their performance and fostering successful group dynamics to achieve the team's mission. You will provide technical guidance, contribute to critical decisions, and ensure manageable technical complexity to build reliable systems at scale. Collaboration with other teams and departments is crucial, with a focus on supporting their objectives while driving your own. You will operate independently, demonstrating leadership across multiple groups, and jointly define goals aligned with strategic initiatives.
The work you’ll do:
- Effectively manage execution and performance of the team; keep the team motivated and effective
- Manage and facilitate the career growth and performance of team members
- Build and maintain a healthy culture of trust, ownership, and collaboration within the team as well as the department
- Contribute technically to the team’s scope, provide technical guidance to the team, and speak with technical expertise in collaborations across the organization
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX, QA and other leads on goals and strategies around people, technology, and processes
- Set correct priorities and take full ownership of the team’s efficient execution of initiatives, ensuring timely and quality delivery of projects and tasks including long-term, multi-quarter objectives
- Take an active part in hiring and growing the team according to business needs
- Advocate for the whole team; provide upward and outward visibility of the team and their work
The qualifications you need:
- Strong technical background in software engineering, with experience in building, leading, or operating large-scale, reliable & resilient user-facing applications
- Proven track record in people management, including fostering a supportive and inclusive team culture, mentoring, and coaching to facilitate high performance and career growth
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments and stakeholders, such as product management and business teams, to define vision, goals, and prioritize initiatives
- Dedication to addressing the evolving needs of engineering teams and a focus on engineering and process excellence
- Experience in managing teams closely engaged with customers
- Knowledge of Agile-like concepts, including Scrum, Kanban, and Continuous Delivery
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis enables customers to optimize their business processes. Powered by its leading process mining technology, Celonis provides a unique set of capabilities for business executives and users to continuously find improvement opportunities within and across processes, and execute targeted actions to rapidly enhance process performance. This optimization yields immediate cash impact, radically improves customer experience, and reduces carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.