C++ Software Engineer
You will be part of the Core Mining Engine team, which enables our customers to process mine enterprise-sized data sets interactively. To achieve that goal we developed our own analytical database. In order to handle the strong growth of our customer base and their demands we heavily invest in the performance and scalability of the Core Mining Engine.
For our Performance Squad within the Core Mining Engine team, we are looking for a C++ Software Engineer with solid experience in modern C++ and profound knowledge of the theory and practice of high-performance applications. As part of a talented engineering team, you’ll develop and implement new concepts and algorithms for our Core Mining Engine, increase the reliability and performance of existing components, and take ownership of the performance, scalability and future innovations of our core product.
The work you’ll do:
- Design and implement new concepts for existing and next-generation query engine architectures covering, for example, data management and query processing
- Challenge and benchmark solutions using performance engineering principles
- Contribute and shape development and maintenance processes
- Take responsibility for the performance and scalability of our solutions and support users and other development teams in problem-solving and optimisation
The qualifications you need:
- A university degree in computer science or comparable education
- Knowledge of high-performance applications for parallel and distributed systems
- Experience in C++ (ideally C++23); other languages are a plus
- Analytical mind and a great understanding of advanced algorithms
- An affinity for performance and scalability with a curiosity about how things work and a drive to improve them
- Excellent communication skills in English; German is a plus
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.