Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Developer Experience team, part of Platform organization, works on enabling developers within Celonis to deliver products / features / improvements safely and fast to our customers. We aim to improve collaboration between teams through easy discovery of services and associated documentation, help teams view their adherence to defined Engineering standards, develop automation and customized tools to support the builder community.
To accomplish the above, Developer Experience team owns Celodrome, the Internal Developer Platform (IDP) based on Backstage. Backstage is an open-source platform for building developer portals and a CNCF Incubation project. It is based on the following tech stack: Typescript, React, MUI, Node.js and Yarn 3. In Celonis, it is used to either host information, like the centralized software catalog or provide actionable feedback to the autonomous teams to raise their quality bars for the services they own.
In this full-time role, we are looking for a full stack developer that will be collaborating with a remote team located in different locations around Europe in an agile environment.
The work you’ll do:
- Design, develop, test, and deploy scalable, secure, and highly available software using established technologies
- Write clean, understandable, and testable code
- Document development procedures, concepts and knowledge
- Enhance the CI/CD pipelines to build fast, reliable and secure artifacts
- Provide feedback on the designs and code of peers
- Set an example for and mentor and grow your teammates
- Have the opportunity to share your best-in-class solutions back to the open source world and raise the awareness of Celonis in the community
- Build, launch and maintain features in production
- Monitor and manage our apps, a set of highly available microservices on Kubernetes, by integrating telemetry and observability into the platform
- Maintain best practices around production workloads and response to incidents
The qualifications you need:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing/maintaining full stack software in large Enterprise environments
- Proficiency in Typescript and React
- Experience of development, automation, and monitoring tools and practices.
- Familiar with containerization technologies (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes).
- A genuine interest on DevOps / GitOps practices.
- Familiarity in *nix environments
- Familiarity with working in an agile environment
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.