Engineering Manager - Platform Infrastructure
We're Celonis, the global leader in process mining technology, and we’ve delivered enormous value to the world’s largest and most esteemed companies. To continue to help organizations uncover hidden business value opportunities, reduce carbon emissions, and radically improve customer service, we need you to join us.
The Platform Infrastructure team builds and scales the cloud platform that Celonis runs on, across multiple Kubernetes clusters and multiple cloud providers. You’ll get to sharpen your skills on the latest tech stack in the areas of DevOps tooling, CICD, Containerization, orchestration, and cloud infrastructure as code.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for the people management of a small group of dedicated, pragmatic engineers working to build reliable systems at scale. Engineering Managers are our first layer of management at Celonis - they are both technical leaders and people managers.
The work you’ll do:
- Lead one of our teams to successfully deliver their mission - manage the performance and support the career development of senior and upper-mid-level engineers
- Build and maintain an engineering culture of trust, ownership, and collaboration within the team as well as the department
- Take an active part in hiring and growing the team according to business needs
- Contribute technically within the team’s scope
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other leads on goals and strategies around people, technology, and processes
- Advocate for the (whole) team; provide upward and outward visibility of the team and their work.
The qualifications you need:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 4+ years of management or technical leadership
- Built, led, or operated large-scale, high-performance distributed systems in production and know those systems from top to bottom
- Commitment & a strong focus on the evolving needs of engineering teams
- Experience managing operationally heavy teams and you’re willing to share the on-call responsibilities with them.
- To value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- To handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- Experience operating Kubernetes clusters in production across multiple infrastructures
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Process Intelligence
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, Asians@Celonis, Latinx@Celonis, Veterans@Celonis and more
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.