Software Engineer - Process Modeling
We're Celonis, the global leader in process mining technology, and we’ve delivered enormous value to the world’s largest and most esteemed companies. To continue to help organizations uncover hidden business value opportunities, reduce carbon emissions, and radically improve customer service, we need you to join us.
Our Process Modeling team focuses on improving and extending the process discovery and process modeling capabilities according to customer requirements, insights from academia and research. The team takes special care of the integration of data-driven modeling approaches into our product.
You will be part of the Process Mining Technology department. The team develops and tests new and innovative process discovery and (data-driven) process modeling algorithms and approaches. As a Software Engineer for Process Modeling, you will actively identify customer needs, search for trends in the area of process discovery and process modeling, and relate them to the product. You will reduce requirements and ideas to code, evaluate the efficacy of this code, and implement it in our products. You will interact closely with other software engineers and product managers within the product and engineering organization to successfully deploy your code in production.
The work you’ll do:
- Familiarize and understand relevant approaches in the field of process discovery and data-driven modeling
- Develop and implement new, innovative solutions in the area of process discovery and process modeling
- Collaborate with various teams and coworkers to drive innovation in the field of process discovery and process modeling
- Bring successful prototypes into the product
The qualifications you need:
- A university degree in the area of computer science, process mining or a comparable education
- Proven experience in software development with Python, Java, or C++
- Genuine interest and (first) experience in process mining
- Experience with process modeling or BPMN as a plus
- Ability to drive innovation in the area of process discovery and modeling
- An analytical mind with a great understanding of complex algorithms and data management
- Strong communication skills and interest in presenting and testing your ideas
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Process Intelligence
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, Asians@Celonis, Latinx@Celonis, Veterans@Celonis and more
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.