Senior Software Engineer
We're Celonis, the global leader in process mining technology, and we’ve delivered enormous value to the world’s largest and most esteemed companies. To continue to help organizations uncover hidden business value opportunities, reduce carbon emissions, and radically improve customer service, we need you to join us.
Our team is responsible for building the Celonis’ end-to-end Task Mining solution. Task Mining is the technology that allows businesses to capture user interaction (desktop) data, so they can analyze how people get work done, and how they can do it even better. We own all the related components, e.g. the desktop client, the related backend services, the data processing capabilities, and Studio frontend applications.
Celonis is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build new features and increase the reliability of our Task Mining solution. You would be focused on a Java component, and also contribute to the development of our Task Mining Client so expertise on C# and .NET framework is also required. You would be interacting closely with our largest customer who is based in North Carolina. You would get to know their setup and build close working relationships with their technology department.
This position will not be eligible for any form of immigration visa sponsorship now or in the future.
The work you’ll do:
- Implement highly performant and scalable backend and desktop components to improve our existing Task Mining software
- Own the implementation of end to end solutions: leading the design, implementation, build and delivery to customers
- Increase the maintainability, reliability and robustness of our software
- Continuously improve and automate our development processes
- Document procedures, concepts, and share knowledge within and across teams
- Manage complex requests from support, finding the right technical solution and managing the communication with stakeholders
- Work directly with our largest customer, including getting to know their system in detail and helping them debug and improve their setup when needed.
The qualifications you need:
- 5+ years of professional experience building Java applications and/or .NET desktop applications
- Passion for clean and understandable code
- Proficient in Spring Boot (must), C# and .NET framework
- Familiar with containerization technologies (i.e. Docker)
- Experience in REST APIs and/or distributed micro service architecture
- Experience in monitoring and log analysis capabilities (i.e. DataDog)
- Experience in writing and setting up tests (unit and integration tests)
- Able to supervise and coach junior and mid-level colleagues
- Experience interacting with customers
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Process Intelligence
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, Asians@Celonis, Latinx@Celonis, Veterans@Celonis and more
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.