Java Software Engineer
We're Celonis, the global leader in process mining technology, and we’ve delivered enormous value to the world’s largest and most esteemed companies. To continue to help organizations uncover hidden business value opportunities, reduce carbon emissions, and radically improve customer service, we need you to join us.
Our primary responsibility is to provide comprehensive automation capabilities to the EMS. Our mission is to maximize value realization for our customers by not only identify process optimization but also realize the full potential of the EMS through our advanced automation capabilities. We're dedicated to making our solutions a critical part of our customers' operations, with measurable business impact for our customers.
At Celonis, we are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Actions Platform team. This role is ideal for someone who brings a wealth of experience in building large-scale software systems and has a strong background with Java-based cloud systems.
The Work You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and maintain robust java based software solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with GitHub Actions for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Monitor application performance and stability with Datadog
- Work autonomously and without supervision
- Participate in opscops rotation
- Mentor junior developers and contribute to team knowledge sharing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- Strong proficiency in Java (experience with Spring Boot is a plus)
- Experience with REST APIs and/or distributed micro-service architecture
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Familiarity with GitHub Actions and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills in English.
- A can-do attitude, capable of navigating uncertainty, leading initiatives and driving change effectively.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Process Intelligence
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, Asians@Celonis, Latinx@Celonis, Veterans@Celonis and more
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.