Engineering Manager (m/f/x)
CLARK Group is one of the world's leading insurtechs. As the first unicorn company from Frankfurt, we are on the mission to become Europe's best insurance advisor. We develop technological solutions and mobile apps that enable our customers to manage, compare and optimize their insurance policies online in the most convenient way. The digital user experience is complemented by personal advice from trained experts. In total, CLARK Group includes around 30 brands offering the best possible insurance experience to more than 2 million customers in six European markets.
The advantages of our innovative technology and our customer-focused culture unite us as one group. We are supported by investors such as Allianz X, Portage, White Star Capital, Yabeo and Tencent. Every day, over 700 employees from more than 40 nations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the UK, France and the Netherlands shape the digital insurance world of tomorrow. Become a part of this international team and join us on our path to success.
As our Engineering Manager:
- You manage and develop a team of engineers
- Lead the developers and specialists in your team and enable to develop to architectural standards
- Develop a roadmap, plan sprints and deliver impact
- Liaise with stakeholders in the business to understand current shortcomings in our architecture
- Design architectural evolution and implement with your team and in collaboration with other teams, i.e. product management of architecture, keep an up to date documentation of our current and target architecture
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Hire, develop and retain the team with the support of our People team
Who you are:
- > 5 years of experience working experience
- Ability to lead, develop and inspire people
- Held responsibility to manage and execute projects following an agile approach
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent fluent communication skills in English (German a nice to have)
- BSc or MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- You are part of a leading global insurtech and change the insurance industry
- A multicultural environment with international colleagues from 43+ different backgrounds.
- Hybrid working models and flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday & 2 days impact days
- Extensive range of exclusive discounts for employees
- Training and personal development
- Support for personal voluntary activities
- Free drinks, fresh fruit and tasty snacks
- Cultural initiatives and team events
At CLARK we embrace diversity.
We are creating the ideal work environment for dedicated and talented people, no matter their ethnicity, identity, religion and age - we aim at giving everybody the same chances and opportunities.
Sounds exciting? You have no idea! We’re looking forward to reading your application.