Network and IT Security Engineer
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 18.150 colleagues now and together we will make the world a brighter place.
WHAT WE OFFER
What are your goals
As our IT security engineer you will be responsible to protect IT systems and networks from potential threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks. This includes ensuring software and hardware are up to date, performing regular security audits, and responding to security incidents. You will ensure that the network and security measures adhere to relevant industry standards and legal regulations, such as GDPR, NIS2. Staying updated with the latest security threats, technologies, and best practices through continuous learning and professional development.
In your role as network engineer you will design scalable and efficient network architectures that meet the organization's needs while considering security requirements. Creating robust and scalable network architectures that support an organization's operational needs while ensuring high performance, reliability, and security. Continuously monitoring network traffic and performance to detect anomalies, troubleshoot issues, and proactively address potential problems. Working closely with other (global) IT teams and departments to implement comprehensive security measures and integrate them seamlessly into the network environment
What would be your responsibilities
- IT security responsible for the local organization.
- Staying up to date about country specific legislations round IT security (e.g. NIS2, GDPR,…).
- Primary counterpart of the operational technology (OT) department for IT/OT security topics.
- Delivering a stable Network Security Service with maximum availability, using appropriate technology
- Delivering dedicated Site Service Networks for the local Chempark, tailored for site specific services for Covestro, other companies and 3rd parties on site.
- Managing IT related parts of large projects on the site.
- Local responsible of the IT infrastructure landscape.
- Accountable for the technical documentation and drawings of the IT infrastructure on the site, define documentation standards, assuring documentation is up-to-date, counterpart in case of inquiries by other departments.
- Subject matter expert (SME) for firewall infrastructure (IT/OT) on the site.
- Liaison for global network & network security team and global IT security.
- Integrate tools and procedures for maximal efficiency of available resources.
- Full responsibility for performing complex tasks in adequate quality.
- Follow and contribute to continuous improvement processes.
- Working with clients and vendors to design system enhancements.
- Ensure own knowledge about best practices and the current market solutions.
- Write appropriate documentation to support system design such as technical blueprints.
WHAT YOU OFFER
What experiences would we like you to have
- Broad knowledge of IT technologies, IT and network security
- Professional experience in network and security concepts
- Current firewalling and intrusion detection / prevention technologies
- Profound knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols and technologies.
- CCNP level network security experience
- Profound knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS and Linux, database, scripting and programming tools for handling management systems and interface
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Project Management skills
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Always acting to make the team succeed
- Outgoing, actively building useful relationships in the scope of the project
- Strong bias for action and ownership and a proactive and agile mindset
- Result driven, “make it happen” attitude
- Accurate way of working, you ensure that what you do is documented and communicated
- Ability to switch quickly between levels of abstractions (detailed view vs. system level view)
- A continuous improvement attitude, for both the development environment and the team’s own performance
- Comfortable working in a complex environment
- Dutch is your native language; you are proficient in English and knowledge of German is an asset
What really would tickle our fancy
Latent desire and/or curiosity in related domains like state-of-the-art cloud technologies, artificial intelligence, zero trust architectures, and project management.
Are you as curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you an exciting career opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, resume/CV, and relevant certificates. Become part of our Team - apply now!
Covestro welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of racial or ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, religion, philosophy, gender, age, disability, appearance or sexual identity. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.