Full Stack Java Engineer - Assistant Vice President
Job Title: Cloud Database Migration Engineer
As an engineer in the Cloud Database Infrastructure team, you will be a core part of the setup and implementation of a database migration factory which covers the full SDLC of migration and transition to the new operating model for Cloud. We will be working with both application teams directly and with the wider infrastructure groups in implementing the database strategy and future of the bank. While PostgreSQL is primary target for the migrations but other GCP databases like AlloyDB, Spanner, BigQuery, Bigtable as well as MongoDB are also in the scope.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
- Working with App teams directly on database migrations from Oracle to Cloud SQL PostgreSQL and other GCP databases
- Contributing to overall database strategic direction
- Helping teams transition to the new Cloud database Operational Model
- Architecting and enabling different GCP databases services
Your skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience
- Minimum 4 years of PostgreSQL database development experience
- Experience of Database Migration preferably from Oracle to postgres
- Understanding of basic GCP infrastructure
- Experience with scripting and automation would be desirable.
- Experience on Oracle database, MongoDB and any other GCP databases like Bigquery is not mandatory but would be plus.
- Experience with DevOps, terraform, github is not mandatory but would be plus
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.