CTO - Data Architecture Governance & Execution Change Analyst
Deutsche Bank Romania
DB Global Technology is Deutsche Bank’s technology centre in Central and Eastern Europe. Opened in January 2014, the Bucharest office is constantly expanding and is now hosting over 1k employees.
Designed as an agile working environment, custom made to encourage innovation, collaboration, and productivity in a modern high-tech atmosphere.
CTO – Chief Technology Office
Technology Office is the division exercising oversight and control of our technology business. It covers key areas of compute, storage, data bases, networks and data centres globally, architecture, as well as End User Computing.
Data Architecture is one of the key pillars of Deutsche Bank’s IT Strategy and plays a key part in all aspects of defining, managing, governing and realising our technology strategy to our clients.
The Group Architecture team works collaboratively with federated business and technology departments to ensure that Deutsche Bank has a clear target state data architecture whose delivery is managed & supported by appropriate data architecture principles, standards, frameworks, tools and governance processes. Our ultimate goal is to accelerate the delivery of a bank-wide simplified target architecture, improve technology agility, increase speed-to-market and reduce cost across our technology landscape.
The Data Architecture Governance & Execution Change Analyst role works as part of a small team who will work closely with all the Chief Data Architects and Chief Technology Officers across all locations and functions within Deutsche Bank to,
- Support the definition of the Group-wide data architecture governance, approach, key artefacts and standards, and drive adoption across the bank
- Ensure that appropriate business & technology architecture forums are in place & to work across those forums to support mobilisation and operation according to the defined architecture standards, principles & strategy
- Work with the Group Architecture Communications team to ensure the agreed governance approach, standards, artefacts and tooling are communicated clearly to key stakeholders
- Produce architecture metrics, management information and further insights to support the adherence to those architecture standards & processes
- To get involved in Architecture related special projects or associated activities across DB (dependent on capacity and bank-wide priorities)
- Work with Architecture and Programme teams across the business lines and domains of the bank to support definition and mobilisation of Design Authority governance structures & control standards as a central Group Architecture aligned approach
- Support and maintain Design Authority related methodologies to ensure a consistent approach is taken through the use of project management tools, processes and practices
- Understand the overall architecture principles, standards & target state architecture for Deutsche Bank and be able to help provide support and guidance
- Produce and analyse Architecture Governance artefacts across the organisation to ensure quality & consistency in implementation.
- Perform specific analysis/design efforts as needed and construct responses for consumption at all stakeholder levels. Support Architecture and Programme teams in the framing of problems and architecture decisions for the governance forums
- Implement tooling to facilitate and enhance the effectiveness of the governance forums or architecture governance processes
- Prepare instructional materials to support the up-skilling of Architecture and CIO teams to engage effectively in the Group Architecture governance processes
- Prepare communications materials for senior management and external regulators as required
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Results & customer oriented individual who is keen to learn new things, enjoys working in a fast paced environment with competing and alternating priorities and maintains a constant focus on delivery.
- 5+ years of project lifecycle experience implementing IT systems or infrastructure changes across large / complex organisation(s). Includes aspects of requirements management, architecture design, application design and programming, testing across large IT deliveries.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Practical understanding of Enterprise Architecture methodologies, frameworks or practices such as defined through TOGAF
- Team player with some demonstrable experience of working across different global regions and time-zones
- Stakeholder management and good communication abilities (all levels up to managing director) both verbal & written. Liaising & influencing strategic decision-makers including programme sponsors, key business users, CTOs / Architects and supporting the operation of steering committees etc.
- Formal qualification for project management/PMO e.g. PRINCE2 or PMI
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile methodologies
- Fluent in English (written/verbal)
Building on a very strong technical knowledge and experience base in the above areas candidates must be highly articulate and persuasive communicators, with strong collaboration and teamwork skills and a proven ability to manage the delivery of innovative solutions to a large, geographically diverse global enterprise.
English written and verbal skills are mandatory; German is an added benefit.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Background in design, implementation or consulting roles as a tech lead or system architect (i.e. system design or prototyping, enterprise architecture definition, business process mapping etc.)
- Experience in conceptual, functional and solution architecture definition, data modelling or well-developed business and requirements analysis skills
- Solid understanding of any of the following Server-side, Java development, Service Oriented Architectures, web services, Public Cloud Services & associated technologies/frameworks or web sites / e-services development.
- Experience of developing and managing governance processes in Technology, Business, Operations or Change Management roles
- Relevant Financial Services experience, with good knowledge of at least one business domain within Financial Services.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.