CSO SIEM Senior Engineering Manager
About the business area
The SIEM Senior Engineering Manager at Deutsche Bank is a pivotal leadership position within the Global Security Monitoring , Response and Automation division. This role entails steering a proficient SIEM Engineering team towards ensuring a robust security posture for Deutsche Bank's global IT infrastructure. The incumbent will be instrumental in engineering, implementing, and supporting SIEM platforms like Chronicle, Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Security and Sentinel.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and maintain a strategic roadmap for the SIEM platform in alignment with organizational security objectives.
- Technical Leadership: Guide the technical aspects of SIEM deployment, configuration, tuning, and scaling.
- Policy and Rule Management: Define and oversee the implementation of event correlation rules, alerts, and dashboards.
- Incident Management: Coordinate with the SOC and Incident Response teams to streamline incident detection and remediation processes.
- Team Management: Lead and mentor SIEM engineers, ensuring their continuous professional development.
- Stakeholder Communication: Liaise with business units and senior management to articulate the value and impact of the SIEM platform.
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure the SIEM platform meets regulatory requirements and support auditing processes.
- Vendor Management: Evaluate and manage relationships with SIEM vendors and service providers.
- Performance Metrics: Track and report on key performance indicators related to SIEM effectiveness.
- Continuous Improvement: Research emerging threats and technologies to keep the SIEM solution current.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in cybersecurity, with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCIH, or equivalent are preferred.
- Expertise in SIEM technologies like Splunk, MS Sentinel, or Google Chronicle.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, operating systems, and information security concepts.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of threat hunting and incident response methodologies.
- Experience with cloud-based SIEM solutions is a plus.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.