Senior Software Architect (f/m/x) - Instant Payments Technology
Deutsche Bank Technology in Berlin
DB Technology is a global team of specialists, spread across multiple trading hubs and tech centres. We have a strong focus on promoting technical excellence where our engineers work at the forefront of financial services innovation using cutting-edge technologies.
Our Berlin location is our most recent addition to our global network of technology centres and growing strongly. We are committed to build a diverse workforce and to create excellent opportunities for talented engineers and technologists.
Payments Domain – Corporate Bank Technology
Payments is the core product for cash management and one of the growth areas in Deutsche Bank’s strategy. To support our ambitions remaining a leading global player in the competitive payments market, significant investments in the payment infrastructure of Deutsche Bank are applied.
Within our corporate banking payments technology, we face a significant move towards real-time processing hence technology is more important than ever for our business.
Deutsche Bank is one of the few banks with the scale and network to compete aggressively in this space, the breadth of our investment in this area is unmatched by our peers. Joining our team is a unique opportunity to create & innovate but also help to rebuild critical payments systems from the core.
Our team provides the world’s best solutions for Instant Payments, we are dedicated to give our clients the ability to make Instant Payments anywhere, anyplace, anytime with a consistent customer experience. Our goal is to offer the most comprehensive set of capabilities like state-of-the-art connectivity, 24x7x365 availability, smart API’s, intelligent routing all the whilst building scalable microservices on modern cloud infrastructure.
-> You love this job but feel you cannot tick 100% of the boxes? Send us your CV anyway!
Your key responsibilities
- Passionate about software, architecture and coding, understand the product and contribute to our vision, integrate business value and help us foster an engineering culture across teams leading from the front
- Liaise with stakeholders such as business partners, product owners, business analysts, site reliability engineers and production support units
- Work with a Team on functional and non-functional requirements, technical analysis and design, design decisions and API
- Design and develop new functionalities incrementally. Coding and testing, reviewing other team member’s changes
- Contribute to the definition of the future state of the system architecture
- When product and architecture experience gained, mentor and direct more junior developers
Your skills and experiences
- Experience in agile software development, software architecture and dev ops practices, Java (must) and Python
- Communication skills, problem solving attitude and team work
- Java and open-source frameworks like Spring, SpringBoot, Apache Camel and Hazelcast Jet ideally
- Container and (Google) cloud technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, IaaC, Landing Zone, Terraform, Github, Github Actions, Plugins, ERIs, GKE, Google Pub/Sub, Apigee, GCO, Cloud Security), API, messaging and streaming platforms (e.g. MQ, Solace, Kafka, Apigee etc.)
- Expertise on relational and ideally noSQL databases (e.g. Oracle, MongoDB), CI/CD pipelines usage and development (e.g.) Jenkins, Helm Charts etc.
- Fluent in English, proactive and self-organized
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits, including 30 days of holiday
- Hybrid model of remote work and office days
- Working at the forefront of financial services technology at scale!
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Anna Martinez.
Contact : +49 (0)30 34073238
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.