Senior FullStack Engineer
Job Description: Senior Backend/Fullstack Engineer
Team description and role details
• We are Germany's leading bank, having strong European roots and a global network. Our strong customer base is the drive for further growth. Here, you can expect a career full of development opportunities.
• The Shared Components Tribe is part of the 1st wave of the agile transformation of Private Bank Germany. Employees from IT (TDI) and departments such as COO work here in an agile environment.
• In your equally demanding position, your analytical skills and strong implementation skills are required.
• In the last 3 years, Deutsche Bank has developed a common platform for process design and web application development - dbCore. It should realize synergies across all brands and business areas, raise new potential and enable business ideas.
• As a Senior Engineer for dbCore, you will be responsible for the further technological development of dbCore with its libraries and tools.
Your main responsibilities
• As a senior engineer for dbCore, you will implement web applications and tools for all areas of the company on the basis of a common framework
• You analyze existing business processes and the underlying system landscape
• You develop (digital) processes and assets and thereby increase the technological productivity and effectiveness of the company
• You communicate regularly and actively with the developers of other teams about the development based on dbCore
• You take on the role of a technical forward thinker and leader and take part in the support and training of junior developers.
Your skills and experience
• Master's degree in computer science, software engineering or mathematics (ideally combined with financial or business knowledge)
• Several years of professional experience in enterprise software development with knowledge and practical experience in the following programming languages and tools:
o with a focus on the back-end application development(mandatory): Java with Spring Boot, Node.js with Express.js and Typescript, the development and integration of APIs, in application security relevant topics such as OWASP, OpenID Connect for Authentication and Authorization , TLS / SSL, s, use of build tools such as Maven / Gradle and TeamCity, as well as source code versioning with Git
• Knowledge and experience in cloud environments, ideally a Google cloud platform
• Strong analytical problem solving skills and a structured approach to converting ideas into concepts, design and code
• Knowledge and experience of agile values, principles and methods (e.g. based on SCRUM or Kanban)
• Good team-player, strong collaboration and communication skills (fluent spoken and written English, German is a plus)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.