Full Stack Developer - Scala Core + Python - AVP
Job Title- Full Stack Developer, AVP
Location- Pune, India
Technology underpins our entire business. Our Technology, Data and Innovation (TDI) strategy is focused on strengthening engineering expertise, introducing an agile delivery model, as well as modernising the bank's IT infrastructure. We continue to invest and build a team of visionary tech talent, providing you with the training, freedom and opportunity to do pioneering work. As an [Engineer] you will develop and deliver significant components of engineering solutions to satisfy complex and diverse business goals. You will engage and partner with the business whilst working within a broader creative, collaborative and innovative team, with a strong desire to make an impact.
You will be joining the dbSleuth Team within Regulatory & Cross Product IT delivering Trader and Counterparty surveillance across all business sections of Deutsche Bank. We are an engineering focused organization, striving for the highest quality architecture, design and code across our teams. You will help to build our surveillance systems, working in a fast-paced, agile environment. Our workload for new deliveries is high, using, React for UI development, Python/Spark/Scala for services, Hadoop Big Data and data science for anomaly detection using machine learning and statistical risk models.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
- Employ a range of techniques to analyse problems and evaluate multiple solutions against engineering, business & strategic criteria
- Identify and resolve barriers to business deliveries implementing solutions which iteratively deliver value
- Design solutions using common design patterns with a range of design tools & techniques
- Conduct peer reviews to ensure designs are fit for purpose, extensible & re-usable
- Design & build solutions which are secure & controlled
- Provide leadership within a delivery team, Modelling, Coding & testing, and collaborating to understand requirements, create stories, design solutions, implement them and help test them.
Your skills and experience
- Analytical thinker, team player and possess strong communication skills
- Enable experimentation and fast learning approaches to creating business solutions
- Familiar in the use of solution design tools
- Understand key elements of security, risk & control
- Track record in identifying and making improvements to the delivery process
- Programming language expertise in Scala core programming
- Programming language knowledge in Python
- Nice to have experience in Java
- Working with very large datasets using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Impala and Hive and utilizing a good understanding of Hadoop functioning & infrastructure.
- Utilizing Data Modelling tools, Domain Driven design and a strong knowledge of SQL and advanced data analysis to deliver good quality code within enterprise scale development (CI/CD)
- Experience with development utilising SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift.
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.