Business Product Specialist
Job Title: FX Analytics (AVP)
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join Deutsche Bank’s growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding our home-grown Beacon analytics platform and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support Beacon’s growth, perform hands on data querying and engage with the business on a day-to-day basis. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. Understanding the Payments domain is a plus.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy.
- Best in class leave policy.
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Hadoop ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Treasury FX teams, Product and wider technology team to assist with data analytics related technical issues and support their data needs.
Your skills and experience
- Advanced working SQL & Hadoop knowledge and experience working with relational databases, SQL, SPARK as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong experience in data engineering, SQL, Hive, Impala, Google Cloud, and Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Proficient in Python programming language.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and process efficiency as well
- Hands-on experience with data analytics and visualization tools such as Tableau.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar field is a must.
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career.
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression.
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs.
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.