Lead QA Engineer
Job Title: Lead QA Engineer
Corporate Title: AVP - Senior Technology Analyst
The Lead QA Engineer works with the test team to develop testing strategies and devise test plans to ensure that applications meet business requirements and maintain DWS high quality standards. The Lead QA Engineer takes a lead role in the establishment or execution of one or more test specialties for a larger testing unit or programme. The Lead QA Engineer identifies the tasks and resources needed to ensure that their specialized portion of the testing process meets software quality requirements prior to release into a live environment. The Lead QA Engineer should specialize in a specific area of QA Automation (API & UI) including performance testing, CI/CD setup, Setting-up test environments, test data provisioning. In this context the Lead Engineer will specialize in relevant tools such as Selenium, Karate, RestAssured, Performance testing tools, HP ALM and Jira. Alternately the Lead QA Engineer may possess or demonstrate specialist Business Testing knowledge or exceptional business/functional expertise.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
- To develop testing strategies and devise test plans to ensure that applications meet business requirements.
- To identify the best automation framework and to automate the end-to-end workflow including database, API and UI.
- To take a lead role in the establishment or execution of one or more test specialties for a larger testing unit or programme.
- To work closely with business users and delivery team to ensure successful production releases.
Your skills and experience
- Should have 9+ years of hands-on experience in quality assurance.
- Good hands-on experience in QA Automation (API & UI)
- Good scripting knowledge in Java
- Good experience in performance testing
- Good hands-on experience in Database testing (SQL)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of overall SDLC & STLC
- Good working experience with business users in Agile methodology using JIRA
- Good experience in test management tools (ALM, QTest etc.)
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.