Internalization - QA & Testing AVP
Job Title - Corporate Bank Technology – Cash Management Transformation & Governance - Test Automation Engineer
Location - Pune
About Corporate Bank Technology :-
Corporate Banking is a technology centric business, with an increasing move to real-time processing, an increasing appetite from customers for integrated systems and access to supporting data. This means that technology is more important than ever for the business.
Deutsche Bank is one of the few banks with the scale and network to compete aggressively in this space, and the breadth of investment in this area is unmatched by our peers. Joining the team is a unique opportunity to help rebuild the core of some of our most mission critical processing systems from the ground-up.
Our Corporate Bank Technology team is a global team of 3000 coders (and growing!) across 30 countries. The primary businesses that Corporate Bank support are Cash Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Trust & Agency Services. CB Technology support these businesses through CIO aligned teams and also by 'horizontals' such as Client Connectivity, Surveillance and Regulatory, Infrastructure, Architecture, Production, and Risk & Control.
About Our Engineers :-
Our Engineers work on a diverse range of solutions using cutting-edge technology every day, including our award-winning platforms like Autobahn, Fabric, Glue, and more.
Our Technology strategy is designed to build new revenue streams and develop innovative ideas which produce a new competitive advantage for the Bank, whilst also fixing our foundations and focusing on the importance of stability and risk management. Corporate Bank Technology understands the client’s needs and has a robust strategy and innovative approach to deliver.
About the Team :-
Transformation & Governance: The T&G team is responsible for cross-tribe transformation initiatives, and for driving excellence in change management across Cash Management Technology. A team of experienced programme and project professionals provide leadership, best practices, and reusable patterns or frameworks for the large and complex cross-tribe or cross-domain programmes. The team is looking to expand the number of professionals working on the strategic end-to-end test framework, governance, and standards to be implemented across Cash Management
Your Role :-
What You’ll Do :-
Cash Management is undergoing a strategic investment to transform and modernize the end-to-end capabilities for payment handling and processing. Large-scale changes will be made to the existing set of applications and technologies used. The programme of work has ambitious targets for transformation, revenue growth and generation, and is part of some very high profile deliveries for the Corporate Bank.
We are looking for a highly-skilled test automation engineer to design automation tests and test frameworks and to find solutions for automation problems. You should also be committed to developing skills in order to provide up-to-date solutions. To be successful as a test automation engineer, you should be proficient in programming languages and have excellent time management skills. You should be able to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics. The QA role plays an important part in the development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests in each release cycle to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
- Ensuring adherence to Project & Testing governance and control processes throughout all project delivery
- Work with the QA manager on improving existing software test approach across multiple workstreams. The testing strategy and approach will need to take account of both waterfall and agile development methodologies and improve / implement standards for global delivery
- Work with the QA manager on improving existing functional and non-functional automation frameworks to streamline delivery and decrease time to market
- Work with the QA manager on improving existing metrics and KPIs to measure quality of deliveries. Ensure consistent and timely collation and reporting of test metrics
- Work with the QA manager on improving existing defect management processes to align with future state strategy for SDLC
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test frameworks, plans, and cases
- Provide support in the execution of test phases in line with the programme strategy and approach
- Participation, oversight, and execution of internal/external testing processes through compliance to standards
- Ensure the set up and successful execution of test phases that sit across multiple workstreams, including performance test, security (in penetration etc.) test and integration testing.
- Proactively manage and address any testing conflicts, dependencies, and scope changes
- Work with and support the project managers and their testing resources to ensure the successful execution of the test phases within the scope of their workstreams
- Work with those responsible for testing within the external suppliers to the programme to ensure that their testing phases follow the programme test strategy and approach
Your skills and experience
- Experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, Bitbucket, ALM
- Experience with agile methods and practices (Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, BDD, TDD)
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Working collaboratively and supporting teams, including active problem solving and management of any risks or issues that arise during delivery
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt approach to stakeholder groups and different levels of seniority across the organization as well as ability to present complex problems in a simple way to drive quick and effective decision making
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness of delivery
Success Factors for Engineers in CB Tech :-
- Someone who sets the standard for excellence in their role
- Talented individuals who are creative, innovative, and passionate about doing exciting and important work
- People who make wise decisions, despite ambiguity, be it people, technical, business, other
- People who treat others with respect at all times, independent of their status
- An engineer who considers quality as a priority, and thinks about the client whilst developing for our future
- Individuals who have a desire of self-improvement through experience, observation, introspection, reading and discussion
- Individuals who accomplish amazing amounts of important work
- Someone who seeks to understand our strategy, our business, the market and our clients
- A person who challenges assumptions when warranted and makes suggestions for better approaches
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.