CTO Divisional Risk and Control Engineer - Data Analytics, AS
Job Title : Data Analytics and Knowledge Management - CTO
Corporate Title : Associate
Location : Pune
The 1st line Tech Risk, Insights and controls function at Deutsche Bank sits within the Chief Technology Office (CTO) for Deutsche Bank Group. CTO has the largest footprint within the Technology, Data and Innovation (TDI) division and is joined by other business-aligned CIO IT divisions.
The Tech Risk, Insights and Controls is a dynamic team, consistently in demand, for providing guidance and challenge to deliver change and maintain systems in a secure and resilient manner.
As part of the team, you will join the Bank’s journey and contribute towards our strategic goal of cloud enabled solutions as well as activities that improve our operational resilience and risk reduction.
Specifically, you will bring expertise for risk identification and remediation advisory, records management supporting a proactive risk management function. It will therefore also include planning and executing thematic risk assessments and inputting into risk scenario testing and macro threat assessments. Further you will respond to client due diligence requests. You will liaise with other risk and control functions, on a management level to assure the integration of risk initiatives and projects.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your Key Roles & Responsibilities:
This role will report to the Head of Risk Assessments and Response and ultimately to the Global Head of Risks, Insights and Controls.
- Promote risk awareness, encourage prioritization of risk remediation, process re-engineering and strategic risk management
- Provide processes for systematic, proactive, and forward-looking risk identification, risk assessment, monitoring, reporting, and keeping CTO risk profile up to date
- Plan and execute thematic risk assessments and input into risk scenario testing and macro threat assessments
- Identify material remediation priorities for CTO and key cross divisional priorities impacting CTO (control / remediation book of work)
- Support CTO in managing the CTB budget allocated for high risk finding remediation and CTO involvement in reducing risk owned by other CIO and CISO divisions
- Be a catalyst and an enabler to the global leadership for achieving the objectives in line with changing regulatory and industry operating landscape and reducing risk against overall technology operations portfolio
- Ensure management transparency by way of timely risk reporting and proactive engagement and representing controls team at different governing forums
- Manage and govern audit requests and findings in a quality assured and controlled manner
- Respond to client due diligence requests in a timely manner
- End-to-end governance, monitoring, control, and reporting of audit lifecycles
- Audit support and advice incl. quality assurance of management action plans, completion check of the deliverables, closure review, ownership transfer, downgrade, risk acceptance and target date extensions
- Act as overall interface with Audit for fieldwork support and ongoing oversight, co-ordination, quality control, read across for all divisional audit findings
- Establish a consistent approach to ownership of management action plans
- Manage operation of audit interface to vendors including monitoring and reporting
- Foster lessons-learned on audit findings and missed self-identified findings
Stakeholder Management – Identify, Partner, and Collaborate
- Establish relationship with external and internal Audit teams to ensure effective and robust challenge to finding and to establish smart management action plans.
- Partner with 2nd LoD, NFRM (Non-Financial Risk Management) to ensure alignment towards Group wide minimum control standards
- Collaborate closely and proactively with DCRO team to manage the finding lifecycle
- Promote and support proactive IT risk culture at the Bank
Your Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Risk and Control Lead in designing and implementation of Technology risk framework in a global organization
- Good understanding of Industry best practices such as NIST, COBIT, ITIL and ISO 27001
- Knowledge of Agile change delivery methodology, DevOps and Shift left concepts
- Cloud Computing Technology (GCP, AWS, Azure etc.) certifications or similar domains
- Other professional qualifications and certifications in Technology risk management
- A strong team player comfortable in a cross-cultural and diverse operating environment
- Result oriented and ability to deliver under tight timelines
- Ability to successfully resolve conflicts in a globally matrix driven organization
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Desire to learn about new and emerging technologies and continuous upskilling
- Must be comfortable with navigating ambiguity to extract meaningful risk insights
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.