Infrastructure Software Developer
E.ON Česká republika, s.r.o. provides professional service and consulting to all other companies of the E.ON Czech Group. The key services relate mainly to support and delivery of services in the areas of HR, IT, finance, legal, business administration and communication. Approximately a thousand managers, specialists, experts and administrative staff work here to help drive the entire E.ON Group forward towards a modern, digital company that can easily meet the challenges of today's energy industry and succeed in the Czech energy market.
We are looking for a new colleague to join the IT Group Services team, which is functionally driven and works for the infrastructure services of EDT GmbH.
In this role you will…
- design and develop software and APIs to offer and maintain infrastructure services for software developers.
- steer other developers and review their code for quality and conformity.
- ensure overall quality of code base and documentation, avoid and remove technical debt.
- analyze and integrate with 3rd Party APIs of infrastructure providers.
- support the transformation of classical infrastructure services to cloud agnostic/native solutions and standards (e.g. infrastructure as a code) and automated solutions for deployment.
- assist and drive digitalization and modernization of E.ONs IT landscapes.
- manage the implementation of requests and orders to E.ON’s external Service Providers, including commercial negotiation to ensure best value for E.ON.
- take ownership of technical problems and escalations, and work with internal colleagues, departments and external Service Providers to achieve effective resolutions.
- communicate effectively with senior managers, international colleagues and other business stakeholders, including taking ownership of, and resolving “information requests”.
- towards the suppliers, manage the delivery of services, ensuring that they are documented, processed and delivered according to agreed standards, procedures and schedules.
- towards the business, projects and other IT colleagues, provide advice and guidance on the scope of Hosting & Cloud services, including the contractual obligations, standards, procedures and schedules that they adhere to.
- drive operational excellence and continuous improvement.
What we expect from you?
You don't have to be Superman but there are a few qualities / knowledge we need from you ...
- solid development skills e.g. in multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g. C#, Go, Bash, PowerShell ..), design patterns and architectural styles, api design
- solid understanding of operating systems (Linux & Windows)
- fundamental understanding of container technologies, optional Kubernetes knowledge
- solid understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, security architectures and related process knowledge
- experienced in agile ways of working (e.g. DevSecOps, SCRUM)
- preferred bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Please apply with your CV in English.
- A rewarding contribution towards E.ON’s digital transformation.
- Membership of a truly international team with an international strategy.
- Take responsibility to commit and deliver with your team.
- 13th salary.
- Personal account around 18.000 CZK for each year.
- Contribution for Pension and Life insurance.
- Meal vouchers 150 CZK (contribution of employer 55%).
- Strong, international and stable company.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Education and systematic professional development.
- Pleasant work team.
Start date: as soon as possible
By applying for this position, you hereby confirm that you possess all necessary permissions to stay and work in the Czech Republic’s.
Are you interested in this job position and are you wondering where to send your CV?
Just click on the blue box Login and create an online application in our database. We will contact you as soon as possible!
If you have any questions, you can contact Jarmila Grulová, email@example.com.
E.ON is commited to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 75 000 colleagues in 15 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks and customer solutions.