QA and Laboratory Manager
Evonik Industries AG
What we offer
Explore a world of opportunities with us. Look ahead with us and help shape innovative solutions to make our world more sustainable and life healthier, more vibrant and more comfortable. At Evonik, you have the chance to explore, thrive, and grow alongside 33,000 colleagues. Among attractive career paths and high-quality development programs, we not only offer performance-based remuneration and occupational health benefits but also hybrid and flexible working environments with #SmartWork. Bring your fresh perspective, develop your strengths, break out your mold, and find a career that fits your dreams with us.
Manage the lab analytics operations by
- Setting up and keep up to date the analytical schedule
- Ensuring that the laboratory instrumentation is well maintained and is appropriate to meet the needs of production
- Ensuring compliance for safety and environment related to all laboratory activities
- Managing the laboratory spending budget
- Assuring that all relevant ESHQ requirements are met, promoting the ESH Culture Framework
- Support Product complaint management
Provide leadership to the lab staff & QA Specialist by
- Provide direction, coaching and technical support to the lab team
- Generate and implement training plans for the lab team in order to develop their technical and social skills
- Implementation of the development program for lab staff
Ensure compliance with QM requirements by
- Implementing, training, documenting and fostering the Quality Control (QC) and Assurance (QA) requirements in the laboratory
- Monitoring the fulfillment of the Quality Assurance and Management System requirements for site.
- Optimizing the Quality Assurance organization of the lab in the framework of a team work environment
- Connect with lab supervisors in the other sister plants.
- Connect to the ME plant for the FAMI-QS compliance as member of the FAMI-QS team.
- Backup for QA Specialist role with active participation at quality inspections and audits.
Foster continuous improvement of analytical services by
- Leading the development of new analytical methods, in close cooperation with the R&D Department as well as sister plants
Education, Certification or relevant experience required:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related field.
- Internal auditor for ISO 9001/14001, FAMI-QS
Additional skills and abilities required for this position:
- 5 to 10 years experience in an quality control or analytical laboratory environment in the chemical industry
- Effective Leadership skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/14001, FAMI-QS management systems audits and requirements
- Aptitude towards systematic resource management & documentation.
List machines, tools, equipment, and others used in the performance of the duties.
- Lab equipment such as GC, HPLC, Automatic Titrators, AAS, UV Spectrometer, Rotary Evaporator, Densitymeter, X-ray, TOC-Analyzer, Molsieve, TGA Analyzer
Unique working conditions: Outline specific physical, environmental, or unique conditions associated with the position.
- Laboratory and Plant environment handling hazardous and toxic material
To ensure that your application is proceeded as quickly as possible and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal. Further information about Evonik as Employer can be found at https://careers.evonik.com.
Please address your application to the Talent Acquisition Manager, stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Your Talent Acquisition Manager:Chester Chong
Company isEvonik Methionine SEA Pte. Ltd.