Manager, Process Engineering
Evonik Industries AG
The Process Engineering Manager provides leadership, coaching and administration to one of three groups of process engineers (one project group, and two commercial groups). The incumbent will gain an in-depth understanding of the building/equipment needs and assets in which Evonik Tippecanoe Labs owns or needs, have close interaction with manufacturing and customers, and have an opportunity to further develop leadership skills.
The Process Engineering Manager will be responsible to oversee a group of process engineers with a variety of levels of experience (entry level through senior engineer).
The Process Engineering Manager directs assigned process engineers with the objective to achieve the Business Line and Site Goals. This position provides supervision for organizing, planning, and technical changes within production operations. The incumbent has to ensure that all activities are in accordance with accepted engineering practices, regulations, cGMP and Evonik Degussa Corporation policies and standards. The position provides technical expertise to maintain and continuously improve process engineering processes in order to minimize costs and to ensure the technical means for safe and high-quality operation.
This position will also provide individual process engineering support activities for more complex processes and major capital projects.
What we offer
Explore a world of opportunities with us. Look ahead with us and help shape innovative solutions to make our world more sustainable and life healthier, more vibrant and more comfortable. At Evonik, you have the chance to explore, thrive, and grow alongside 33,000 colleagues. Among attractive career paths and high-quality development programs, we not only offer performance-based remuneration and occupational health benefits but also hybrid and flexible working environments with #SmartWork. Bring your fresh perspective, develop your strengths, break out your mold, and find a career that fits your dreams with us.
As manager, key responsibilities include sponsoring productivity projects, driving traditional productivity improvements and delivering results.
- Provides coaching, feedback (includes obtaining feedback from customers), and administrative support for assigned process engineers
- Facilitates team work and demonstrates leadership in resolving interpersonal or interdepartmental issues
- Responsible for meeting site objectives in core areas of small capital project delivery, process engineering support, equipment reliability, improvement of equipment systems, and key support for productivity projects utilizing both external and internal resources.
- Plan, initiate, and influence key decisions and take responsibility for time schedule, costs, quality and plant operability.
- Assist in development planning for assigned personnel.
- Initiate and foster a continuous improvement and optimization process.
- Initiate and introduce standards, tools, procedures, safety, cGMP and compliance initiatives.
- Manage assignments and workload of assigned personnel
- Specific compliance initiatives such as responding to Q plan action items and engineering standards
- Ensure a culture and practice of working safely are established and followed
- Approve production policies and procedures
Process Engineer job functions:
- Provide process engineering support for projects and commercial products. Design and implement new processes. Continuous improvement for established processes at the site. Technical expert for Plant specific systems. Analyze data and improve processes. Manage process safety, cycle time, equipment availability and quality requirements.
- Work closely with customers and project teams
- Recommend capital improvements necessary to bring new equipment, chemicals, unit operations, or technologies to the site and serve as Project Responsible for capital projects up to $15 million USD.
- Proven technical expertise in core process engineering disciplines such as mixing, material science, heat transfer, mass transfer, filtration, and drying
- Understand site capacity constraints and identify projects to streamline and remove bottlenecks to increase productivity
- Provide recommendations regarding near- and long-term capital planning in order to support equipment reliability, new processing equipment or technologies, and/or industry competitiveness
- Stay current, and be recognized as a resource on regulations, engineering standards, policies and procedures and good engineering practice
- Develop and assist others to efficiently and accurately execute all job responsibilities in area
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with people at multiple levels across a variety of areas, both internal and external to Evonik
- Drive continuous improvement of business processes within the engineering function
- Writes and/or assists in the writing and technical review of production policies and procedures
- Review/Approval of engineering technical documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, related Engineering, or Chemistry discipline
- 10 years prior chemical or pharmaceutical engineering manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Experience in multiple production facilities with different scales and technology platforms
- Skills in successfully overcoming challenges and identifying opportunities for improvements
- Possess both the technical knowledge and practical experience to solve process engineering issues
- Keep informed of latest technology in order to make recommendations for change
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Strong technical problem-solving ability
- Ability to apply fundamental engineering and business principles
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skill
- Exceptional computer skills in a variety of software packages
To ensure that your application is proceeded as quickly as possible and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal. Further information about Evonik as Employer can be found at https://careers.evonik.com.
Please address your application to the Talent Acquisition Manager, stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Your Talent Acquisition Manager:Chuck Valiando [C]
Company isEvonik Corporation