IT Senior Network/Systems Administrator (all genders)
We are seeking an experienced IT Network/Systems Administrator to join our dynamic IT team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of network and systems management, be proactive in identifying and solving challenges, and be eager to optimize our computing environment.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides network support and server systems administration for the organization. Performs assessment and maintenance on network and server systems to ensure their optimal operation. Resolves more complex issues. Works under the direction of senior network staff on projects and initiatives.
- Deploy, maintain, and optimize the company's LAN, WAN, and other network equipment and systems.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network performance and integrity.
- Configure and manage VPNs, routers, switches, firewalls, and other network hardware.
- Troubleshoot and manage network outages and performance issues. Perform root cause analysis and make recommendations to mitigate future occurrences.
- Perform software and hardware patches as needed.
- Evaluate network performance and recommend equipment upgrades to maximize performance. Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies.
- Jointly coordinate all changes to the network.
- Generate regular network and system performance and activity reports as needed.
- Install, configure, update, and troubleshoot servers, workstations, and related hardware and software.
- Create user accounts on network systems. Apply standard security practices for network systems, computer users, profiles, directory structures, and software applications.
- Assess and ensure system availability and reliability for business-critical applications.
- Implement and manage data backup and recovery processes.
- Evaluate system performance and recommend equipment upgrades to maximize performance.
- Ensure systems and software remain up to date and in good functioning order through regular patching and maintenance.
- Configure and conduct system audits. Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, backup reports, vulnerability scans, and internet and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity as appropriate.
- Monitor IT systems and network equipment and promptly addresses alerts and warnings.
- Jointly coordinate all system upgrades or modifications.
- Set up, manage and maintain the infrastructures and functionality of the organization’s cloud structures.
- Install and configure systems and services.
- Manage and maintain the cloud services and servers.
- Provide technical support for cloud-based systems and troubleshoot operational issues.
- Collaborate with the security team to ensure the network's security and integrity.
- Audit systems and networks for vulnerabilities, assess any issues and plan solutions and remedies.
- Maintain security protocols and procedures.
- Help to maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for network hardware and system configurations, protocols, and standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with vendors, IT service providers, and consultants to ensure the best services and products for the company.
- Assist in negotiating contracts and service-level agreements.
Support and Collaboration:
- Provide technical support to staff and users, ensuring timely and effective resolution of IT issues.
- Work closely with other IT professionals and departments to deliver cross-functional support and projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in network and systems administration. Experience includes networking systems, firewalls, database administration and automation tools.
- Knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of performance monitoring for network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of basic networking technology, both wired and wireless.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Windows severs.
- Knowledge of Linux administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, Git, Jenkins, or similar automation tools.
- Knowledge of Aruba networking systems or similar networking systems.
- Knowledge of Fortinet firewalls or similar systems.
- Knowledge of a virtualization environment such as VMware.
- Knowledge of database troubleshooting and administration for: Microsoft SQL or Oracle.
- Knowledge of storage systems such as Dell PowerScale, or NetApp.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of deployment of cloud-based services.
- Relevant professional certifications such as CCNA, MCSE, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Azure Administrator Associate are a plus.
Skills & Attributes:
- Solid troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent time-management skills.
- Proactive mindset with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Skills in problem-solving and sound judgement.
- Openness and growth mindset to learn and apply new techniques, tools, and technology.
- This position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds frequently and/or 10 pounds constantly in order to lift, carry, pull or move objects.
- Comfortable working in a data center or server room.
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time and walking and/or standing is only required occasionally.
- Ability to work at a computer terminal for extended periods on a daily basis.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and on-call scheduling.
FR : Dans le cadre de sa politique Diversité, Evotec étudie, à compétences égales, toutes les candidatures dont celles des personnes en situation de handicap.
ENG : In the frame of our Diversity policy, Evotec considers, with equal competences, all applications including people with disabilities.