Engineering Manager Data
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Munich, Germany · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
FINN drives change for people, organizations and the planet through frictionless mobility. Offering convenient and flexible car subscriptions, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and accelerate the advent of electric mobility. Join our fast-growing scale-up to make FINN the natural choice in Europe and the USA. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As an Engineering Manager Data, you will be responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of a best-in-class data stack. You will lead a team of data engineers to guarantee that the FINN’s data infrastructure meets high standards of quality and efficiency. Furthermore, you will collaborate with data practitioners across the organization to synchronize data strategies and initiatives, promoting effective data management and utilization. The role is a combination of technical expertise in data and analytical engineering as well as robust leadership skills to effectively guide and mentor your team.
- Flexibility to work either in our Munich office or remotely within the EU / EMEA region (+/- 3 time zones from Munich).
- Full visa and relocation support for you and your family.
- Possibility to work part-time instead of full-time and reduce a 40-hour-week to 80% (32 hours/week) or 60% (24 hours/week).
- Competitive salary, significant virtual equity share of the company, and an attractive company pension plan.
- Substantial room for growth and a yearly personal development budget of 3,000€.
- Flexible working hours, Kindergarten allowance (300€ per child per month) as well as agency support for finding childcare.
- Access to discounted gym memberships, and attractive mobility options (e.g. discounts for FINN cars via JobAuto or JobRad).
- Lead a high performance team of data engineers. Be the role model and go the extra mile to build, develop, and coach the team members on a daily basis.
- Boost our data stack: You take ownership of the core components and tools that enable company-wide BI, Reporting, reverse data integrations with 1500+ data models.
- Work in close partnership with Data Analytics, Software Engineering and Product teams across the organization.
- Build it, run it: Build features with a ‘build it, run it’ mindset and be responsible for testing, deploying, and monitoring.
- 1+ years of experience with building, leading and developing a team of data engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Proven expert track record with 5+ years as data or analytics engineer
- Great software engineering skills (Python) and data modeling skills (dbt)
- Rock-solid knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and cloud-native architecture
- Deep understanding of modern data stacks (e.g. ELT), data modeling, data testing and warehousing
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or relevant field
- Fluency in English
- If you want to work remotely, you need to be within +/- 3 hours of Munich time zone (CET/CEST)
Interested in Joining Our Fast-Growing Start-Up?
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Alex and Jack are looking forward to your application!
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees. Experience comes in many forms and we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with what we have listed. We'd love to hear from you!