Software Engineer - Team Financial Services (m/f/d)
We're looking for a motivated and driven Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Financial Services Team.
Our self-organized and cross-functional team is architecting, building and running the core financial customer related services at FlixBus. The mission of the team is to develop flexible, consistent, accurate, secure and auditable financial systems to ensure financial excellence and enable our ambitious growth. Our main services include taxation, invoicing, fiscalization and currency conversion.
Currently we are a Product Owner, an Agile Tester and five Full Stack Engineers and as a team fully own the product line and the architectural and technical decisions. We build our product end to end and can leverage cutting edge technologies for our solutions.
If you're interested to join our team read on:
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Feel at home in an agile environment. Influence the team's way of working. With your teammates you shape the development process from feature request until release
- As a team you will architect a modern product and integrate towards a system of systems architecture. You will use Java to implement the required functions and replace legacy code
- Be ready for the real full stack universe. Show and improve your skills in all areas like Backend, Frontend, DevOps, Testing
- Use continuous integration and automation to deliver frequently new releases
- Be a team player among team players. Work closely together and share constantly knowledge with your colleagues
- Our current technology stack includes:
- Java, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud, etc.
- Apache Kafka
- Cloud - AWS: Postgres, Dynamo DB, S3, SQS/SNS (Message Queues)
- Terraform, GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Datadog
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor/Master in business information systems, computer science or similar experiences
- You are a Java expert with several years of professional experience and related technologies
- Ideally you have knowledge using Microservices in financial areas as accounting and taxation
- Experience with Web Service Integration
- Experience with PHP for the integration with the existing systems during the transition period is a plus
- Ensuring that your code is working as expected is an essential part of your coding style
- Test driven development is a plus
- You believe in "You build it, you run it!"
- Experience with modelling and performance optimization for large amount of data
- Passionate about learning new tools and keeping yourself up-to-date
- With your team you want to take responsibility for the technical decisions and the product you own
- Fluency in English
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule, and balance work between the office and home as it’s best for you. We give you trust-based hours and a flexible smart working policy.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.