Senior PHP Software Engineer(m/f/d)
As a PHP Backend Engineer (m/f/d), you will work on dynamic pricing systems that are key in pricing tickets for our customers.
Every time a traveller searches, books or cancels a trip with Flix, a pricing request is sent to our services that calculate the correct price based on numerous business inputs and manage capacity in real-time.
This is an opportunity for you to work with a truly autonomous team. We got serious humour and tons of board games, an undying love for cats and interesting problems to solve. :)
- Development ecosystems: Symfony
- DBs: RDBMS, Redis
- Messaging: Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS SNS/SQS
- Architecture: Microservices, DDD, Event Sourcing, CQRS
- Cloud providers: AWS
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Own and develop Revenue Management systems together with the team.
- Communicate and collaborate with other engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Build Distributed, Responsive, Resilient, Elastic and Message Driven systems using PHP language and AWS services.
- Pair Programming, Mob programming and Code review
- Support, maintain and fix existing services
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming paradigm
- Advanced knowledge of PHP
- Willingness and interest to learn about other technologies
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Basic knowledge of AWS RDS, Kafka ecosystem and Avro
- Unit, integration and end-to-end tests are an essential part of your coding style
- You believe in "You build it, you run it!"
- Knowledge about distributed systems and containerized applications in Docker, Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of agile development and experience with following agile principles
- Experience in dynamic pricing & revenue management is a plus
- Experience with on-call rotation is a plus
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.