Senior Backend Java Developer (m/f/d) - Team Locomotion
We are looking for a talented Senior Java Backend Engineer (m/f/d) with a passion for creating software that makes operations processes more efficient.
At Locomotion (tech team dedicated to FlixTrain), our mission is not just about automating and streamlining operations, but about creating digital magic that transforms our internal users’ experience. We are crafting intelligent tools to simplify fleet management and operational planning, aiming to boost productivity by minimizing manual interventions.
As a part of our growing development team, you will be at the forefront of designing and building a software product from the ground up. Embrace the thrill of discovery as we identify the most efficient workflows and implement the most effective solutions.
If you're driven by innovation, passionate about automation, and yearn to contribute to an outstanding customer experience, let’s take this journey together.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You will be part of a self-organized, cross-functional distributed team owning the customer service products and will hence directly contribute to the success of the business
- You and your team will place our users at the center when developing solutions together
- You drive the development process using an Agile environment
- You design new products from scratch and frequently deliver new versions of existing products, using continuous integration and automation
- You work with and learn how to use cutting-edge technologies and tools
- You lead technical decisions inside and across teams to improve technical excellence through lateral leadership
- You contribute to find the best solutions for getting, organizing and providing customer service products that make our operations easier
- You will be a mentor and coach for your colleagues
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- You have 5+ years experience working as a Backend Java Engineer
- You have experience with distributed systems development: Spring / Spring Boot, Kafka, MySQL / Postgres (RDS), Redis (Elasticache), MongoDB (DocumentDB), SQS/SNS, S3, ElasticSearch, etc.
- You are fluent in german and have ann upper-intermediate level of English or higher
- You enjoy working within an agile setup
- You have DevOps / infrastructure experience (Kubernetes, Docker, Gitlab CI, AWS, Terraform, etc.)
- Data Engineering skills: ETL, Snowflake, etc. are nice to have
- It's a plus if you've worked with distributed teams before
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.