Part-time (50% - 80%) Data Engineer (m/f/d) - Exploration team
We're looking for a part-time (50%-80%) Data Engineer (m/f/d) who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
About the team you'd be working with
The team you will be joining disrupts existing business strategies with technology. We apply Data Science, AI, and Machine Learning to improve existing products or strategies. Our stakeholders can be found across the whole company: in marketing, e-commerce, finance, operations, or business development.
Together we define problem statements and then build MVPs to design solutions. Often great new products and services are the result of our work and completely new teams are staffed around that innovation. Due to the variety of stakeholders and projects we are involved, our work is super diversified and never gets boring. That challenges us every day and opens a lot of learning opportunities for each of us.
We are a self-organized and cross-functional team with a high focus on autonomy and ownership, using typical Agile frameworks. Moreover, we invite you to be an active contributor to the Engineering Community and challenge the Status quo at FlixTech.
Our goal is to enable everyone at Flix to make better and faster business decisions, automate as much as possible, collect and utilise data and apply the most modern technology to all entities within Flix!
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Pilot data science projects throughout all business and tech units
- Support our data scientists in their first data exploration phase by providing data samples
- Embrace DevOps and Backend Software engineering practices
- Transform existing python notebooks into production ready code
- Build batch and streaming data pipelines
- Build APIs around our machine learning and data science products
- Through your daily work and projects, you contribute to the overall success of the team, product and company
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- At least two years of experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer
- Fluency in Python
- Experienced in developing API services
- Good SQL knowledge (in connection to Snowflake or Athena)
- Some experience with cloud providers, particularly AWS
- Preference for working along Agile frameworks
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Will be a plus if you bring:
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure (Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines, Terraform)
If you're interested but hesitant to apply... please do!
Might be that you bring other relevant expertise and experiences we haven't listed and we'd be sad to miss the chance of finding a place where you can thrive at Flix.
Diversity & Inclusion
If you're hesitant to apply because you're self taught or come from a different educational background, please don't let it stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're not part of the dominant gender in this industry, please don't let it stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're neurodiverse (autism, Asperger, etc), please don't let that stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're deaf, have reduced mobility, etc, please don't let that stop you from applying.
We're not perfect, but we're dedicated to creating an inclusive environment.
The world needs more people like you applying for jobs like this.
At Flix, we use Amazon Web Services as our cloud provider, Confluent Kafka for real-time use-cases and Snowflake as our central data hub. In our team we code applications in Python, and deploy them to Kubernetes using Gitlab CI pipelines. For Backend projects we usually use Flask and PostgreSQL. Our infrastructure is managed in terraform. Clean and production-level code as well as proper testing and code reviews are important to us.
- Recruiter call: 30-45 min
- Introduction call with 2 team members: 60 min
- Take home task you work on autonomously
- Technical interview with 2 Data Engineers
- Meet the team (social fit interview) + Hiring Manager interview: 2 hours
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.