PHP Software Engineer (f/m/d) - Team Network Services
We're looking for an enthusiastic and driven Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Team Network Services where you are at the heart of Network Planning, creating the essential ride infrastructure that powers the entire company. Part of your responsibilities will be to further automate the processes generating rides, which are necessary for all other domains such as operations or customer bookings. You won't be directly working on pricing or sales, but your contribution will be the backbone enabling these functions to perform their tasks effectively.
You will be part of a self-organized, cross-functional team of professionals consisting of a Product Owner and Backend / Full Stack Engineers supported by UX/UI Specialists and an Agile Coach.
If you're driven to make a substantial impact in a vital area of our business, we're eager to have you on board!
Your Responsabilities – Paint the world green
- As part of our team, you own and drive the development of our products that provide network data to downstream domains.
- You feel at home in an agile environment.
- Being a t-shaped engineer, you contribute to backend development while being involved in all other aspects such as Operations, Testing and Frontend.
- You are a true team player, working in a collaborative (and hybrid at work) work mode.
- You help us to build quality into our product and deliver value to our users.
- You think beyond the horizon, choosing the best tools and patterns for implementation.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- At least, 3-years of professional experience with PHP (Symfony) and MySQL.
- Understanding of concepts for messaging (e.g. Kafka) in a distributed system.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automation or a desire to learn it.
- Passionate for continuous learning, embracing emerging technologies, and staying abreast of industry trends.
- Enthusiastic to explore new possibilities, while actively sharing expertise and knowledge.
- Intrigued at the idea of collaborating with both users and UX designers.
- Team player who embraces diversity and inclusivity.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English.
We value your attitude, passion, and personality. If you don’t fit all the requirements but you feel excited about this opportunity, we encourage you to apply!
Check out our tech-radar for a full view of our tech landscape.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.
We need your consent to load the YouTube Video service!
We use a third party service to embed video content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to watch this video.
This content is not permitted to load due to trackers that are not disclosed to the visitor. The website owner needs to setup the site with their CMP to add this content to the list of technologies used.