Java Engineer - Network Planning (f/m/d)
We're looking for an experienced Java Engineer to join Team Planr who is developing Flix's own network planning product.
You will be part of a self-organized, cross-functional team of professionals consisting of a Product Owner, Agile Tester, Frontend, and Full Stack / Backend Engineers. We are truly international, coming from six different countries and working from four different locations in a hybrid setup.
Our web application is custom-tailored for the network planning department to enable it to create, review and publish schedules for a demand-oriented and cost-efficient network. By joining our product team you will directly contribute to the success of Flix's core business.
Your Responsibilities – Paint the world green
- As part of our team, you own and drive the development of the network planning web application.
- You feel at home in an agile environment and contribute to shaping the end-to-end development process.
- Contribute to backend development while being involved in all other aspects such as Operations, Testing, and Frontend.
- A true team player, working closely with the whole team, pairing up or working together in an ensemble, and constantly sharing knowledge.
- Help us to build quality into our product and deliver value to our users.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- At least, 2+years of professional experience with Java and SpringBoot.
- Experience with or, willingness to learn technologies within our tech stack.
- You consider unit, integration, and end-to-end tests as essential parts of your day-to-day work.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automation or, desire to learn it.
- Intrigued at the idea of collaborating with both users and UX designers.
- Passionate for continuous learning, embracing emerging technologies, and staying abreast of industry trends.
- Enthusiastic to explore new possibilities, while actively sharing expertise and knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English.
Our current tech stack and toolset include:
- Java 17, Spring Boot, Hibernate
- GraphQL, MySQL, Kafka, Snowflake
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, Gitlab CI
- Datadog, Kibana
- Angular 16, TypeScript, RxJS, GraphQL (Apollo), WebSocket, Jest
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you ability to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a generous paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact