Staff Software Engineer - Compliance & Data Protection
Are you a talented and passionate individual with a strong background in backend software development? Flix is seeking a motivated Staff Software Engineer to join our dynamic team, contributing to the evolution of data compliance processes and shaping the future of data protection at our company.
About the team you'd be working with
At Flix, our vision is to be user-centric and efficient, focusing on stakeholder feedback, optimizing service usability, and automating processes. Join our team to play a pivotal role in lifting the company to the next level of data compliance, creating trusted systems that respect and protect our customer's data.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Elevate data compliance processes for globally distributed teams, ensuring seamless utilization of data in compliance with market regulations.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to integrate central processes and services, utilizing various cloud providers and tools for efficient data storage and processing.
- Take a pivotal role in advancing our platform to new heights, contributing to the design of software architecture and building automated compliance solutions.
- Gain exposure to Flix's technical landscape by collaborating with different teams, playing a crucial role in shaping the company's future.
- Standardize processes to impact large parts of the organization, fostering efficiency and compliance across the board.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 7+ years experience with backend software development (Java, Kotlin, Python).
- Hands-on experience in software design, architecture, automation, testing and maintenance.
- Strong familiarity with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure), Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in building reliable distributed systems and owning the full software delivery lifecycle (including CI/CD, monitoring/alerting, observability).
- Experience in working with Agile working environments and microservice architecture.
The following are nice-to-have
Would be great if you have these experiences, but please apply even if you don't.
- Familiarity with Confluent Kafka, Snowflake and data cataloging tools.
- Experience in dat mesh, data governance, and compliance-related processes.
- Knowledge of privacy and security-related topics.
- Expertise in secure integration, RBAC/IAM policies, and web application security.
- Experience in building data pipelines and connectors.
- Mentoring experience and establishing best practices through engineering leadership.
If you're interested but hesitant to apply... please do!
Might be that you bring other relevant expertise and experiences we haven't listed and we'd be sad to miss the chance of finding a place where you can thrive at Flix.
Diversity & Inclusion
If you're hesitant to apply because you're self taught or come from a different educational background, please don't let it stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're not part of the dominant gender in this industry, please don't let it stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're neurodiverse (autism, Asperger, etc), please don't let that stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're deaf, have reduced mobility, etc, please don't let that stop you from applying.
We're not perfect, but we're dedicated to creating an inclusive environment.
The world needs more people like you applying for jobs like this.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!