Senior Back-end (PHP, Node.js) Developer (m/f/d) - Booking platform
We're looking for a motivated and driven Senior Back-end Developer (PHP, Node.js) to join our Booking platform team in Munich. The vision of the team is to provide an easy, engaging, enjoyable booking experience for all our customers so they love our booking platform. To improve our customers' UX we create an easy-to-use booking workflow in a decoupled system.
Moreover, we invite you to be an active contributor to the Engineering Community and challenge the Status quo at FlixTech!
You will be joining a cross-functional, agile team of 10 international professionals. Curious to learn more? Read on!
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You will be part of our cross-functional, self-organized team providing an easy, engaging, enjoyable booking experience for all our customers
- You develop and maintain our large distributed environment
- You write solid, maintainable, scalable, testable, and tested code and supervise it through all the deployment steps
- You analyze, propose, and drive technology improvements
- You support our agile, flexible, team-oriented development
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 7+ years of experience with PHP and solid knowledge of Symfony framework
- Solid knowledge of Typescript and Node.js (some of our services are written in Node.js)
- Some experience with front-end frameworks like React.js/Vue.js
- Good understanding of cloud services (AWS would be a plus)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience in unit testing
- Experience with system design and architecture of distributed systems and microservices
- Solid experience with distributed messaging systems (Kafka/SQS/RabbitMQ)
- Being familiar with CI/CD best practices
- API design
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant industry experience
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Some experience in high-concurrency and high-availability environments
- IaC (Terraform)
- Willingness to grow in/learn:
- Docker, Kubernetes
- MongoDB, Redis
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.