Senior iOS Developer (experienced in reactive programming) (m/f/d) - Passenger app
We are looking for a motivated and driven Senior iOS Developer to join our iOS Team in Berlin. This team owns the customer app including trip discovery, booking and on-board experience for our bus & train travel across the world. Moreover, we invite you to be an active contributor to the Engineering Community and challenge the Status quo at FlixTech!
As the iOS Team for the passenger app, our goal is to make the travel experience for our users easy, smooth, and accessible.
How do we do that?
We do user research regularly to understand more about our users' needs, we work and base our decisions on data, and we keep iterating on our product to make it better. We are currently working on the accessibility and global expansion of our services.
Our tech stack:
These are some of the technologies we use to develop the app:
- iOS, Swift, Xcode, RxSwift & Combine, SwiftUI
- Crashlytics, Firebase Remote Config
- Fastlane, CI/CD, TestFlight
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You’ll be shaping the future or our iOS landscape which is reaching millions of users in 35 countries
- You’ll be part of transforming our UI to the latest technologies, e.g. Swift UI
- We try our apps to be fully accessible and you can be proud in taking a big part in this
- We are supporting all major payment methods in the different countries we are in, they have to be implemented and maintained ;)
- We are rethinking the way our localisation works and exploring 3rd party services. If you have experience with apps like Phrase, you’ll be a valuable asset
- You will be part of a great and international team. We all support each other and share knowledge about work related topics, but also about recipes from our countries:)
The team currently consists of 6 developers, a UI/UX Designer, an iOS Tester, a Product Owner and an Engineering People Manager. Does it sound like the dream team to you? We can’t wait to meet you!
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 7+ years experience with commercial iOS and Swift
- Familiarity with reactive programming, solid experience with RxSwift (we've just started the migration to Combine)
- Strong experience with RESTful API design HTTP
- Good understanding of SOLID principles and software architecture patterns, experience creating the architecture, good knowledge of Computer Science
- Experience with full development cycle
- Knowledge of how to write testable code, experience writing unit tests
- Willingness to participate in Product decision making
- Customer-centric approach
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Some experience with Marketing SDKs
- Experience building accessible apps
- Experience with SwiftUI - we are planning to introduce it to the project
- Understanding TDD principles
- Being up to date with current mobile development trends
- Experience with 3rd party libs like Swinject, RxCocoa, RxDatasources, etc.
- Mentoring experience
- Passion for UI&UX
- Contribution to open-source projects
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule, and balance work between the office and home as it’s best for you. We give you trust-based hours and a flexible smart working policy.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.